Skip to content

BG: SoD New Voice sets import to BG2 GOG version

Greetings,

I'm about to import my character from SoD to BG2 but would like to keep the new voice sets introduced with SoD. Currently using the female 'relaxed' one.

But I can't for the life of me figure out where it is stored? SoD from what I can tell does not have it's own installation path nor a sub folder in the sounds folder.
Even a wildcard search over the entire drive does not produce any additional sound files than the ones I already got.

Even, changing the name of the \Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\sounds to soundsX leaves the SoD voices sets in the game whilst removing all others.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • PotatoheadPotatohead Member Posts: 1
    @Gutbuster Hey, I was having this exact same problem just now and was searching for answers, I don't know if you've solved it already considering the date of posting, but I thought I should share the solution.

Found the new SoD soundsets in the "sod-dlc" folder (iirc it's zipped) right in the main game directory above the bottom parts with the unins000 options etc. (It's outside the data, lang, movies, etc. folders, you'll see it soon as you click your BG:EE folder). The sod-dlc folder has a lang folder too, and it's where the soundsets are. You know what to do, so lastly, I tested them in BG II:EE too and they work just fine.

Sorry for wasting your time if you already knew this!