Skip to content

Using Near infinity... What useful changes do you know of? Share!

Wow!

Made a discovery today! at http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/download.html
Used Near infinity to change some of my .2DA files. Specifically xp cap. Removed it by opening the .2DA file XPCAP and changing all the 8000000 number to -1 (Does anyone know a better number to change it to?) It was really quick to do! Xp cap removed!

Clicking on the .2DA files reveal a lot of the magic!

Want to have multi class fighters get 5 pips in a weapon proficiency... You can change that!
Think druids shouldn't really be able to use scimitars... You can change that!

What I want to know now is...

How do I change HLA tables?

I have heard you can get levels up to 50? What do I change?

Any other good stuff or useful .2DA files that can be tinkered with?

I am also aware that there are a few people out there who don't like modifying there BG, are concerned with the cheese factor, think that gameplay will be broken. Cool. Everyone has an opinion. I respect you! But please don't whine about people who mod or like cheese here please. Start a new thread and whine about them there :)

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Can I use it to somehow change the proficiency for Xan's Moonblade to "Dagger" so that he can actually wield it without penalties (as he only has proficiencies in Daggers and in BGT-WEIDU Xan's Moonblade has the non-obtainable "Small Swords" proficiency assigned, a hangover from BG1 I guess...)? Thanks
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    edited November 2012
    Ignore.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The HLA selections are controlled by the 2da files starting with LU, like LUFI for fighter, LUMA for mage, etc. They list the file names of the abilities you can select, as well as the level you start getting them, how many you can have, dependancies on other HLAs, alignment restrictions, etc.

There's a lot of other stuff that can be changed, including stat modifiers for races, requirements for classes, abilities on level up, spell and thac0 progression tables, exp progression tables, bonuses from stats (like how much AC from dex, how much damage from str, etc), at what reputation NPCs of various alignments are happy/angry/decide to leave, and so on.

@Oxford_Guy Yes:

1. Go to search -> CRE/ITM/SPL/STO, check items, type moonblade
    2. Open the moonblade in a new window (called SW1H13.ITM in my installation), click on the edit tab
    3. Find the wepon proficiency field and change it to what you want, e.g. PROFICIENCYDAGGER for dagger.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Hmmm... I can't get NearInfinity.jar to run, I've copied it to my Baldurs Gate II directory and have installed the latest JRE, it doesn't seem to work when I double-click on it :-( Any tips for getting it to work?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Hmmm... I can't get NearInfinity.jar to run, I've copied it to my Baldurs Gate II directory and have installed the latest JRE, it doesn't seem to work when I double-click on it :-( Any tips for getting it to work?

As far as I know, you can have the game in any directory, as long as it's got a specific file which allows IEE access (don't really remember which one, but I think it's a .key file
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Shin Coooool! Found them. You made my search a lot quicker as I was working my way up from xpcap!!! Got to figure out what each assignment means now... Only a matter of time!

@Oxford_Guy Sorry... I just loaded it up from outside the BG2 folder... It found everything by itself :)