Skip to content

How do I download the updates

Hi,
I have a CD copy of BG2:EE (and IWD) but seem to have no way of downloading the updates. I don't have a bgee.exe file either on the CD or the install. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sadly the physical retail version of all EE's are incompatible with the newest updates. This point was brought up numerous times already and no solution has been found afaik.

You could however try to contact support@beamdog.com and ask for a steam key instead. If memory serves right, buyers of the physical EE's in the past received a digital version for free.

Tagging @JuliusBorisov for now.
  • Steve1111Steve1111 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply. I tried to connect to the support page, but needed a login. I'll try to email them directly at the address above.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    I don't want to do this. I'm not not doing this. I got a "boxed product version" and I'm not saying it. Because I like this game. And I'd like to like the people who make this game. So I'm not saying anything. But you know what I'm not talking about @TrentOster . Hear my silence.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

We are still looking for a good patching solution for the boxed product versions to bring them up to the new versions.

Trent, this raises a serious question about the forthcoming Collector's Edition boxed product. I've waited patiently and without complaint for the long-delayed delivery, and I've even publicly advocated patience and understanding to those who've been complaining about the delay.

However, if you're about to ship us a Collector's Edition which will include a game-version on disk which won't be updateable to future patches, then I can't see any purpose in even bothering to include it, since all CE customers automatically have the normal digitally-distributed version anyway.

Some re-assurance on this point would be appreciated, lest even your most loyal customers might become disgruntled.