Skip to content

Does anyone else spawn extra opponents for added challenge?

Sometimes I use the CreateCreature cheat to spawn extra opponents to make the game more challenging. Does anyone else do this? If so, what are some of the more memorable challenges that you have given yourself?

Some of mine were:

1.) I spawned an army of 2,400 knights of order, 300 elves, 50 priests of Oghma, and 6 copies of Abazigal in the Umar Hills to fight at the same time. Unfortunately, someone killed the Abazigals before I could get there (my guess is it was the knights of order), but it was still an epic battle that lasted 7 hours real time.

2.) I spawned several dragons in the grassy area outside D'Arnise Hold in a multiplayer game so that my friends and I could fight them together. That was also very difficult, but it was also a lot of fun and lasted for a while.

3.) I spawned several copies of Abazigal in single player and fought them at once in the same place near D'Arnise Hold. It was very difficult, but I eventually won.

4.) I spawned 500 shield knights in the level near Suldanesselar (I forget the name it might be called Small Teeth Pass or something like that) and fought them all at once from the narrow bridge. This was a lot of fun. I tried it both in single and multiplayer.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Remind me to never enter a battlefield with you. :)

If I do my gnomish cleric/illusionist will be the guy hiding behind a sanctuary with a cloak of non-detection on prying items from the corpses around me.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I like to spawn a hundred more soldiers for the Yaga Shura Battle - he's supposed to have an army, after all!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I didn't think the game would actually be able to handle that many creatures.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Don't think I've ever spawned more, I find it more enjoyable to increase difficulty by making the enemies smarter/more capable.
    Shin said:

Don't think I've ever spawned more, I find it more enjoyable to increase difficulty by making the enemies smarter/more capable.

I'd do that, if they actually got smarter!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Awong124 said:

I didn't think the game would actually be able to handle that many creatures.

It lagged a little bit when I had the big battle in the Umar Hills, but other than that it worked well. My friend and I tried the same thing later in multiplayer, but then the computer couldn't handle it and the game crashed. My guess is that his computer didn't have enough memory for it.
    Shin said:

I've done that too. The creature spawning I did was mostly in vanilla BG2 before I started using SCS. The game was starting to become too easy, so I used creature spawning to make it more challenging again. With SCS on 'insane' I don't really need to spawn creatures any more, but sometimes I do it anyway (on a smaller scale) just to try something different.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    One time I was dicking around and I made a character, "TASP The Chicken Summoner" and he destroyed everything with TheGreatGonzo() summoning ... you know, like 15 rabid chickens. He was a big fan of casting Cow Kill, too.

Also I had like 20 Hostile and 20 Friendly Drizzts throw down in the middle of the Friendly Arm Inn. That was fun.
    Shin said:
    I just love SCII - now that you've mentioned it, the only thing I don't like about it is the improved mages part - they all act the same !
    Quartz said:

Also I had like 20 Hostile and 20 Friendly Drizzts throw down in the middle of the Friendly Arm Inn. That was fun.

How'd you get the Drizzts to turn on each other?
    @ARKdeEREH

http://www.gamewinners.com/MAC/BaldursGateTalesOfTheSwordCoast.htm

Friendly Drizzt appears
    Cheats:DrizztDefends()

Hostile Drizzt appears
    Cheats:DrizztsAttacks()
    Ah, I see, he starts one way or the other. Which side won?
    Hostile. I left the Inn fairly soon after that. :)
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Sword coast stratagems + tactics will see you through :-)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I wonder if with the optimization of BG EE Code it'll support this kind of huge battles without a hiccup...