Skip to content

Stuck on "Select Campaign" menu

SciFiJunkySciFiJunky Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Troubleshooting
I just purchased and downloaded BG: The Complete Saga from Steam today. After the intro, a "Select Campaign" menu pops up asking me to choose BG:EE, BG:SoD, or Black Pits. Unfortunately none of the buttons respond to mouse clicks or keyboard commands, and I can't access the actual game. Upon further investigation, I have concluded the GUI is not calibrated correctly because the "click spot" is to the far lower right of the buttons. This makes it impossible to accurately select a menu option. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a new hard drive and am running the latest drivers for my GTX1060. Thanks.
Post edited by SciFiJunky on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Are the drivers for your GTX1060 updated through the nvidia website/Geforce Experience or updated through windows? If you go through windows update it will sometimes not give you the latest drivers.

If your drivers are updated like I described above then try deleting your baldur.lua file. You can find it in my documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition. Then try launching the game again.

If that doesn't work then try replacing this (after unzipping it from the zip file) as your baldur.lua file.
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisov
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    To add to the above, also worth checking if directx 9.0c is installed alongside later versions.
    JuliusBorisov