Skip to content

[mod] Athkatlan Grounds: Southern Edge

Comments

• ArianorrArianorr Member Posts: 15
    Im using EE, and I guess the newest GOG version (Im not sure - where it is write?) Thank you very much for helping me, It doesnt matter - Im just shaking to continue in this quest :smiley: so journal entry is not such a big problem... but one more thing, Im really amateur in working with computer, can you tell me where should I write this console "(L#NDPLA)"?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Here is the instruction how to activate the console:
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm

Then, use the code C:CreateCreature("L#NDPLA")

Cheers!
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    It's me again :) I'm doing another run through BG2:EE, and I think I may have come across a little hiccup in the major quest.
    I have found the books held by the orphan girl, and Mr Cat. However my journal tells me I still need to get 3 more items, despite me already giving him 2. Also when I looked in the chest at the suicidal researchers house, and the one where the mad bard is staying there were no books there.
    Sometimes I run of ideas and that may be such situation. The item is written directly into that area.
    and the last element is written directly into the bard creature file
    I am unsure if I built a journal entry the each stage, perhaps gathering all 4 does not force journal change.

If you won't find a solution for that missing items, summon them with console. Item codes: L#ndlis and L#ndpla.
    Thanks muchly for your reply - as fast and helpful as ever!
    Sure, enjoy!
    I know I succesfully did this once already but I am having a really bad week with my brain letting me down, and my memory is utterly atrocious.
    How do I get the Researcher to get his door fixed, so I can talk to the carpenter and/or his daughter?
    @kiwidoc
    you do not fix his door. You can cheer him up by bringing him the idol from Charleston Nib, but you need to make sure it's been blessed first.
    Unless you mean helping the guy who's fixing the temple's door. Then you can help him find a dress for his daughter. You do that by starting a quest in one of the tents.
    Aha! I remembered the wrong door. And it's a good reminder that I should always talk to every named character!
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    There are a few mods I have an eye on not listed under the project infinity mod list. Like weimers Solaufein, and I believe some of the more recent mods like this and some of the lavas mods. Just wondering what the best way of adding mods is? Can I add stuff in by weidu executable with PI paused part way through the EET install?
    Maybe, I don't know, to honest. I don't think it's impossible. Can't help you more than just say it should be installed somewhere near my other quest mods.
    Where's Neil?
    Just after telling me he'd buy any journals etc I find, he told me where he would wait .... but me being me I forgot where that was. I've searched all of the Southern Edge and can't find him, and I have some lovely tomes for him.
    @lollers You will find some good advice at the beginning of this thread

List of BG2EE Compatible Mods https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods/p1
  • mateusz_stepienmateusz_stepien Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2021
    Where I can find fishbone for Mr. Cat?

Neverming there are in the barrel in the inn
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2021
    @kiwidoc Same place that Milo was in lower left of map by fire.
    @Necromanx2 Thanks muchly. My eyesight is not very good, especially in darker areas of screens, and for some reason Waesel's mods come up rather dark on my monitor.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    kiwidoc wrote: »
    @Necromanx2 Thanks muchly. My eyesight is not very good, especially in darker areas of screens, and for some reason Waesel's mods come up rather dark on my monitor.

Have you tried this wonderful mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36828/mod-lighting-pack-for-the-enhanced-edition ? It allows you to adjust brightness level to suit your needs. I find it very handy.
    I thought Dreppin and most of candlekeep died and got replaced by doppelgangers at the end of BG1? Did I misunderstand the story? It would not surprise me if I did misunderstand.
    Well, no. They didn't get killed. Those doppelgangers under Candlekeep are just taking shape of those you know to play with you, to torture you and confuse you. Those up, in the Candlekeep (chapter 6) are same people you knew. Also, they are marked as innocent, killing them make you lose reputation, they do not change into doppelgangers when attacked.

You also meet Elminster and Gorion and Tethtoril, so that kinda confirms this. Elminster is alive and he wasn't replaced - even though doppelganger pretends to be him. Gorion died, but not by doppelganger. Tethtoril is there and why would he first release you to kill you a moment later. If it was a doppelganger, he would have killed you when you were locked and unable to properly defend yourself. And for sure he wouldn't teleport you under Candlekeep, because it's not something doppelganger can do.
    Fair enough. I didn't think that deeply about any of it, just saw a lot of doppelgangers and figured those piles of dead bodies were freshly killed betweel the exile from and return to candlekeep. My theory was that Dreppin was revived after the invasion was dealt with.
  • BloodyNineBloodyNine Member Posts: 2
    First of all: Amazing mods! Really a job well done!

I got some questions concerning quests from the Southern Edge and Tangled Oak. I would be very thankful for any help:

- "The icon of despair": I started the quest but can't find any person to continue further. I read a NPC named Neeb would be next. But I can not find him anywhere. I am also running the mod Sandrah and she talked to Neeber in Trademeet if that might have been the problem

- "...but who killed Jaalv": I found the halfling women in here shop and she confessed but nothing happened, no quest update or new dialogue options with the NPC by the Oak

- I also noticed that some quests do not disappear from the journal once you finished them

I installed the following versions: TangledIsle v2.02, Southern Edge v3.10, Oozes Lounge v2.9

Again, huge thanks for the mods!
    Icon - you haven't said what exactly you did already. You start the quest by talking to Charleston Nib in the tavern, you take it to one temple, then the other one, and then it should be ok to give it to the robbed man.

Jaalv - you can tell Finn about what happened.

Journals - that can happen sometimes. Leave the quest names here and I should look into this next time I update the mod.

Enjoy
  • BloodyNineBloodyNine Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021
    Ok, sorry for the misleading description and thx for the answer.

Icon - I started the quest by talking to the robbed man. Charleston Nib only talked about the past encounter in BG 1.
    -> I talked to everyone again and the dialogue options appeared:solved :-)

Jaalv - After the halfling confessed, there was no new option with Finn.
    -> the problem was that only the main char was in the house. After going there with the full party, a party member had to talk too, the conversation with Dicca was longer and talking with Finn finished the quest

So far it was Dreppins quest and all quests from the Ooze.

Thanks again for the help!
    Icon - if you found the note written by the robbed man, that should be enough to trigger Nib's response, but the icon may be addressed in Nib's 2nd talk, the first one is more like catching up.

Jaalv - I don't know then. I am pretty sure it should work just fine and I don't see anything wrong in there. I will take a look next time I play the mod, but I would assume that's some local problem / incompatibility. Considering you have Sandrah, it looks like your mod is pretty heavily changed.
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    Hello. Actually i've done probably all quests, only got Neil books quest. But what kind of book he search ? I never pick all tomes from my journeys xd. There is some cheats/codes to simply spawn all of them ?
    It's a neverending quest. He's looking for all the unique books you are left with after vanilla quests :) Whenever you are done with quests, return them to him. He should accept most of them. But remember to handle them to Neil AFTER you complete their quests.
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    It's a neverending quest. He's looking for all the unique books you are left with after vanilla quests :) Whenever you are done with quests, return them to him. He should accept most of them. But remember to handle them to Neil AFTER you complete their quests.

Shieeet. Im already done with most quests in Athkatla. Probably will miss a lot of.
    No, it's not a real story quest, but rather an alternative purpose for items like that so you don't need to store them in your bags forever or leave them in some random chest.
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    No, it's not a real story quest, but rather an alternative purpose for items like that so you don't need to store them in your bags forever or leave them in some random chest.

I appreciate this aspect of the mod, it breathes new life into these books and journals. I used to keep them on a shelf in my stronghold (usually thieves guild or DeArnise keep) as my own library gathering dust. Now I can give them to someone who appreciates them even more.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Hi, I am currently enjoying this mod in a new EET playthrough, this time with all dialogues in english.

I think I found a little typo :
    6rtu60bmmdy4.jpg
    I think it should be "we must find and contain them" instead of "contain the".