Skip to content

Anyone else notice the autodetect traps doesn't work on dual class characters?

I noticed this on an earlier playthrough right when SOD dropped. I was doing a fighter -> Thief dual, and went into change the script and set it to autodetect traps, but they won't automatically switch to search mode on their own, even with the option checked in their script. I'm currently playing a game with Shar-Teel right now, which is what reminded me, and she's got the same problem. I can start up a game as a multiclass or single class thief, and the autodetect works fine. For some reason, it seems like Coran is affected, as well, but none of the other NPC thieves seem to have the issue.

Weird thing is, when I imported the fighter -> Thief character into BG2:EE, they would autodetect. I forget if they were able to autodect when I brought them into SOD, though.

Comments

• MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    The Thief Controlled script works for me.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    The autodetect is very finicky. I've found myself having to go back in and re-tell the AI for characters to do it. I'm going to go back through at some point and try to pinpoint the exact circumstances under which it occurs so that I can report the bug, because it is beyond annoying when you're strolling through a dungeon, thinking no traps are being detected and then suddenly you get hit with a bolt of lightning, because somebody wasn't doing their job.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I find that the advanced AI script made by beamdog to be a little buggy still, so I make my own scripts now instead and now I never have problems any more
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Every NPC has their own unique script for the Advanced AI setting, and Shar-Teel's does not support any spellcasting or modal abilites, its just potions and attack. Looks like devs didn't consider the possibility of Dual-Classing her.

I cannot reproduce with Charname or Coran though.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Merina said:

The Thief Controlled script works for me.

I don't know why I didn't think to just try the old style scripts, I'll chalk it up to playing the game after taking thera-flu.

I am playing the game on linux, so I'm wondering if that might factor in, as well.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @kjeron You can edit the advanced AI set to add detect traps.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @ThacoBell
    Setting the option on the Advanced AI tab doesn't mean anything if the underlying script doesn't contain code to support it, which for Shar-Teel and some others it does not.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thats weird