Skip to content

Portraits unearthed

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Of course, feel free to use it :) I hope, that Mike Sass won't mind it either, he did the bunch of the work...
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    lolien said:

Unfortunately, i picked the same portrait to practice on as @Pecca

Well, I don't see Cernd here, but that could be a base for a new interesting NPC. Would be nice to see a joinable older guy who is not a Cernd and can work as a demanding father figure.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    lolien said:

Only wish you too did not stop at one portrait! :)
    Yeah, come on! Work on the others! :) They may need some fixing, too, but we may end up with some great additional faces! :)
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Oh my cod. I totally forgot these existed.

Might want to pick that pre-Viconia for a lil' re-mikesassization session later.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

lolien said:

Well, I don't see Cernd here, but that could be a base for a new interesting NPC. Would be nice to see a joinable older guy who is not a Cernd and can work as a demanding father figure.
    Or a female dwarf for that matter. It actally kind of resembles the wild dwarves of Chult, but could also be used for a boreal dwarf in PoE.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Kamigoroshi - Female dwarf? But there's no beard!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    I'm on Mazzy now.
    Okay so she looks a bit different now. I also used the armor from original Mazzy because I was too lazy to give good colors to it and they are very similar anyway.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Proportions of neck to head seem off in that Portrait from the original.

Here are original proportions.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Her right eye is too high and is tilted, both eyes are probably a little too widely-spaced, and her neck is implausibly constricted. At least her head isn't quite so out-of-proportion as the original.

Looking back at the Cernd pic, his jaw is lopsided (or maybe twisted?)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Both your Mazzies look much better than the original, but her skull still looks like a Muppet doll made out of a turnip.

...Maybe we should put some googly eyes on her.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2017
    Love both Mazzys!

Since Mazzy is quite blurry and REALLY unfinished, with strange proportions, so I fixed it and mixed it with the old good Mazzy.

And result is just great! One more portrait to collection.

Thanks @Mirandel :)
    @Pecca are you going to work on Viconia?
    No plans yet.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Pecca said:

Here are original proportions.

I think I meant original Portrait of mazzy in game we all know but yeah I guess this one preceeded that one
    @LavaDelVortel
    I'll be adapting Vicky soon.
    Arcane gamedev knowledge reveals that these portraits were laid out in something of a transitional BG1/BG2 style. I can say right away that my re-mikesassized version of Viconia will be cropped to match BG2 canon proportions. This requires leaving out most of the leatherwork, like so:

Already looking much more BG2-like, no? :smirk:
    I would work on the full picture that is available so we had a full version AND THEN if someone wants to keep the proportion it should be cropped. Why would you get rid of something now, while some may want to see the full picture?
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172

I would work on the full picture that is available so we had a full version AND THEN if someone wants to keep the proportion it should be cropped. Why would you get rid of something now, while some may want to see the full picture?

+1 , (or 5...)

• bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    @God is not in the habit of explaining things to us mortals. Just be grateful for the bounty :-)
    edited January 2017

Meet the DeVir exile:

A spoiler for those who take pleasure in viewing unaesthetic compositions and would rather see lens distortion, wide-set eyes and/or a blue-skinned bosom.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Nice, but I did not notice the bad proportion of the upper lip
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    how'd you get the watermark out of the b/w portraits ? or are there versions without it floating around?
    Yamcha said:

how'd you get the watermark out of the b/w portraits ? or are there versions without it floating around?

Magic!
    edited January 2017
    Yamcha said:

Ok, so i did a little video to show the process. This is how i do it, there are maybe better/faster methods.
    I didn't record the whole work, but i think it shows the procedure right.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN0HOY2cnKg
    Post edited by lolien on