Skip to content

Unreadable item description.

gotjigotji Member Posts: 7
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
I have a steam version of BG EE with SoD. I’ve started playing few hours ago and it looks like newest version have very annoying bug with item description. Sometimes it put part of the description in to the top box where name is displayed. In a result name and description is so small that is unreadable. Is there a fix for that?

Example:
http://imgbox.com/bwLx1RJs

Comments

• gotjigotji Member Posts: 7
    I’ve investigated the issue and strings in name box are wrong. For example item with Battle Axe icon in name box have spell description. So probably this is result of corrupted text files.I’ve reinstalled game and it looks ok. There is still one problem and I’m not sure if it’s related. In Feldpost Inn(Beregost) tavern owner sells items without name and icon for 0g. When you buy it you receive ‘blank’ item that you can’t remove from your inventory.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Did you have any mods installed.
    Thanks
    Nope, fresh installation from steam. Before reinstall I've used EEKeeper to change Imoen lvl because when you start new game with LoB difficulty every NPC have max lvl(for Imoen it was 13).
    Could you zip and attach a save with the issue please. Also verify integrity of game cache (right click game entry in Steam, select properties then local files) and if you are defined to any betas opt out of them. I am assuming you are playing with English as the selected game language.
    Thanks
    Verification went ok. Save file in attachment. Travel to Beregost and check the first item sold by tavern owner in Feldpost Inn.
    That save references item dw#axe1.itm in inn3351.sto which would appear to be from a mod.
    I never installed mod for BG1 or BG2. I've bought 2 Battle Axes from Feldpost Inn. One before doing Nashkel mines and 2nd after. To be honest it was strange because when I bought first one I was sure that item limit was (1).
    Can you tell which one isn't from original game(main hand or off-hand)? I'll just sell it.
    It's an item in the store, your equipped axes are fine. Save attached with the item removed, but I haven't checked for any other items.
    Thank you.