Skip to content

Sod: where is my gold?

After I get my gold stolen and I talk with the refugees, do I get that I lost all of it?

How am I supposed to use the Golden hero bust ?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You get it back at a point where it doesn't matter anymore because there's nothing to spend it on.

Better hope you carried over enough junk from BG1 to sell.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Arthas said:

After I get my gold stolen and I talk with the refugees, do I get that I lost all of it?

I'd better put the answer in a ...
    Yes. It's best to spend most of your end-BG1ee gold on re-charging your wands etc. (which you can use in SoD), then spend the remainder on a couple of expensive items (which you can re-sell for starter-cash in SoD).
    Arthas said:

How am I supposed to use the Golden hero bust?

So far as I'm aware, you can't do anything with it. IIRC, you can sell it later (although for only modest value).
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Except for more healing potions and ammunition, there isn't even really much to spend it on. I ended SoD with most the gear I started it with. (Of course, I had a lot of mod items, too.)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Except for more healing potions and ammunition, there isn't even really much to spend it on. I ended SoD with most the gear I started it with. (Of course, I had a lot of mod items, too.)

Wands as well. They are much more useful that you may think at first. Especially Wands of Fire in SoD
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited January 2017
    There are two vendors so far (I'm in dead man's pass) that offer items worth spending money on, both late enough that I've accumulated enough to clean them out of good items and still have loads of pocket change left afterwards.

The halfling woman in the siege camp and the genie you summon using the glasses. Especially the latter has a couple of extremely good items, almost too good. I will miss those in BG2, *sigh*. The wizard hat, the belt of luck, the ring of chant etc. Great items. Also the scimitar is amazing.
    Post edited by Skatan on
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Yeah, I did buy a couple of items for my fighter-thief from her. I might have missed the scimitar, though I had a couple wonderfully OP ones from Dark Horizons. I probably should have made more use of wands, I have a bad habit of hoarding such items, though having lots of healing potions did help me at the end.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited January 2017
    That overabundance of gold is why I usually miss lawful evil type decisions in these type of games. Having the ability to bribe and corrupt the flaming fist higher ups for example...Subtly influence and replace the honest officers with my own obedient pawns^^
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    batoor said:

That overabundance of gold is why I usually miss lawful evil type decisions in these type of games. Having the ability to bribe and corrupt the flaming fist higher ups for example...Subtly influence and replace the honest officers with my own obedient pawns^^

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!