Skip to content

Game does not respond

Dilinar_TanelDilinar_Tanel Member Posts: 7
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
The starting sequence was choppy as hell. Game opens to the main menu. I created a party and all was fine. Then I wanted to start playing and this is where the problems start. The game crashes, I don’t even get the prologue note. So I start up the task manager. I get an a error that I can’t read. I just see a minimized window in the start bar which states “Error”. If I click the BGEE window I get a window with the information that the program stopped responding.

I could not find anyone with a similar problem, that’s why I’m starting this thread.

Following all the information on known issues, I did a few things:
1. Run the game in compatibility with Windows XP Service pack 3
2. Run the oalinst.exe file
3. Changed the display settings to 32bit
4. Made sure my graphic drivers are up to date
5. And I tried to add the game to DEP but the system prevents me from doing it. So I just turned it off.

Despite all this, the game has the same Error all the time. The game simply stops responding as soon as I try entering the actual game. I only get some environmental sounds and that’s it.

Anny ideas how to solve this ?
  1. Game does not respond2 votes
    1. Give solution
      100.00%
    2. ?
        0.00%

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Sounds typical of a graphics incompatibility.

Before entering gameplay, try going into Options and selecting the Alternate Renderer option.

Otherwise, I wonder about an unsuitable version of DirectX.
  • Dilinar_TanelDilinar_Tanel Member Posts: 7
    Well, the Alternate Render got me at least the first screen of the game. But I got the same error as before again.

Which DirectX would you sugest ?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    DirectX v9.0c seems to be the standard version which all sorts of software expects to find. (It can be installed in addition to a more current version.)
    Instaling DirectX v9.0c did nothing.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Are you running in full screen or windowed?

If you haven't already, run it windowed and post the exact error message.
    Gallowglass
    Ok, that brought me a step closer to the solution.

The exact error message is as follows:

"Error

There was an Error. A crash report was saved to:

C:\Users\Documents\Infinity Engine Enchanced Edition\crash\dump.2.3.67.3.0015.dmp

Please contact support@beamdog.com"

So I gues I take the mentioned file and send it to the providet E-Mail adres?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited January 2017
    Hi
    While doing that (compress it down so it's a much smaller file), could you also attach a directx diagnostic report here please.

Windows/R -> type dxdiag -> click ok -> let it run -> click save all information
    Save the file and attach it here.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Don't know how this will help Gate70, but here you go.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited January 2017
    Thanks.

When you installed directx, did you use a link such as https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and run dxsetup once downloaded and extracted to a temporary folder?

edit: I can't see from that file whether directx 9.0 installed. Do you have file d3dx9_43 in your c:\windows\system or c:\windows\system32 folders.
    JuliusBorisov
    My c:\windows\system folder is empty. But I foumd th file in c:\windows\system32 folder.