Skip to content

Dual classing a Kensai/Thief

Hello everyone. I've been playing the DnD games (NVN, IWD, BG) for a while now but have never gotten really down to the nitty gritty. I know the basics well enough but I'm very unfamiliar with concepts such as dual classing. So I decided to try out dualing a Kensai/Thief. I just got to the Underdark and regained my Kensai abilities however I'm unsure over how to continue. Should I keep leveling Thief or switch back to Kensai? Or do they both level up simultaneously now? Ideally I'd like the Thief HLA Use All Items to nullify the Kensais biggest weakness, but it would be nice to have some Fighter HLAs as well. Any help is appreciated, thank you! Oh and in case I'm accidentally posting in the wrong section I'm talking about BG2 EE SoA.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You cannot level up in your primary class again once you've dual classed.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Once you dual class, you can never progress in your first class (kensai) anymore. You can't get fighter HLAs.
  • Genesis4545Genesis4545 Member Posts: 2
    Oooohh so that's how it works, I see. Thanks for the incredibly quick answers! Now I can proceed into the coolest place in DnD without worry ^^.....you know, aside from all the Illithids and stuff....
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    It's time to get to backstabbing!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    A few spike trap HLAs will kill any enemy in the game, so don't forget about them ...