Skip to content

New protagonist portraits not showing up in character creation

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
It seems that the six new portraits named YANNERxxx in the game files of SoD and BG2:EE are not showing during character creation? Also, SoD includes only a handful of the BG2 portraits (only Jaheira, Viconia, Minsc, Edwin, Clara & the Half-Orc), that's really weird :| I would have assumed SoD would include all of the portraits.

Here are the new portraits I am talking about:

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I think this is a known issue that's popped up a few times on the boards already... I recall someone saying it'd be fixed for 2.4 but not sure.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Oh, I see. (I rarely if ever check here, so I don't know what has been reported and what not. I also saw screenshots of people using these portraits, so I was confused.)
    The Beamdog launcher tells me my BG2:EE is on the newest version, which says 2.3.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2017
    The portraits are in the game data - if you use something like EEKeeper you can edit your character to use them. I have no idea why they can't be seen on character creation though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,748
    @BillyYank has given instructions on what to do to get all the missing portraits in three games here.
    edited January 2017
    @JuliusBorisov I do know my way around NearInfinity and the Keeper :tongue:
    It just really shouldn't be a thing reduced to modding, especially since the new portraits where advertised as a feature.
    But thank you non the less.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    The artist is Kieran Yanner. He's done a lot of the art for the 5th edition D&D books.

http://www.kieranyanner.com/
    http://kieranyanner.deviantart.com/
    @BillyYank
    I already knew that but did you know that he also worked on Pillars of Eternity?
    *Has a PoE mousepad with his artwork on it in use*
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on