Skip to content

Shadows over Soubar mod

saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
Does anyone know how I can get Shadows over Soubar mod to install?
I get

ERROR Installing [Shadows Over Soubar], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 12 files for [SETUP-SOS.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 12 files for [SETUP-SOS.TP2] component 0.
/bin/sh: SOS/SOS-UNINSTALL.bat: Permission denied
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "dialog.tlk")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SOS.DEBUG to Charles Bisson, Horred The Plague (WeiDU), King Diamond (WeiDU revision)
Using Language [English]

Thanks
James_M

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    The error messages suggest that this is an old mod which only works with the classic BG2 (not the Enhanced Edition), and only on Windows (not on Mac or Linux).

It looks like the BiG World Fixpack has some modernization/bugfix patches for this mod, which might even make it work on the Enhanced Edition, but from the looks of it still only on Windows (since it still uses .BAT files).

The BiG World Fixpack guys are happy to accept patches that add proper EE and cross-platform support to old mods (correct me if I'm wrong @agb1 ), but with a big mod like this it might be non-trivial to write these patches.
    (I may do it myself the next time I make a new BG2:EE install with quest mods, but that might be a while.)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,338
    Hope it can be patched. It was allways in my Big World setup - would love to play it again..
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2017
    @subtledoctor
    I will give it a go...
    1) The mod introduces a couple of npc's, who has minor side quests. One the NPC's has a rather lenghty quest involving the usual Breaking and entering - and off course killing a God (Lloth). Killing Lloth nets 4.000.000 XP in the vanilla game. The loot from Lloth is meh, but some toombs in the vincinity has some good stuff (manuals and tomes galore and some fine weapons +5)

2) the mods main quest is in the town Soubar, where you are to save the town in a "7 samurai" kind of way. The loot is awesome and really OP. Again tomes, manuals, +6 weapons and heeps of gold. Purists will swoon. A sword +3 with instant killing of sub level 18 creatures (yes thats beholders and mindflayers)

The quests are great fun, and very different. For instance one of the quests is a murder mystery in Soubar. One needs to take own notes and really pay attention - otherwise the quest and the whole plotline breaks.
    One quest involves arresting refugees, and afterwards recruiting them in jail.

The xp and loot may be op - but the mod is great fun, and its almost canon (well at least a part of the big picture...)
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    so how would i get it to work on a mac?
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Loved this mod would be very happy to see if this was rebooted for EE
    StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited March 2017
    @subtledoctor:
    It may be a bit too much with the loot and all.
    But mod is still great. A lot of time and love was invested in the mod. And it showed.

It was my favourite mega mod. A must have in my BWS back then
    James_M
    edited September 2021
    The mod is updated to version 1.16 (thank goodness):

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/33237-shs-shadows-over-soubar-updates-to-v116-with-bugfixes/

It’s BG2:ee, EET and BGT compatible.

Ps. The poster can’t answer questions about EET
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on