Skip to content

Alter visual animation effect

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
Opcode 339. Not sure what this does even after some experiments. Anyone play with this? Also is there anything newer than IEDSP http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/opcodes/index.htm ? They have quite a few unknowns and 20 or so that are missing at least. And those they are missing are obviously the newest most interesting codes.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    There is a more up to date IESDP here: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/index.htm
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    #339 (0x153) Alter Animation
    Parameter #1: Value and Modifier
    Parameter #2: Projectile Type
    Special: Range
    Description:
    Modifies an area animation's Cycle and plays an area hit animation over it indexed by 'Projectile Type'.
    'Value' is the high word of the first parameter, 'Modifier' is a bitfield manipulation operation. 'Range' defines the range of effect.
    Known values for 'Modifier' are:
    0 - Set 'Value' - ignores original
    1 - And 'Value' - keeps bits
    2 - Or 'Value' - sets bits
    3 - Xor 'Value' - toggles bits
    4 - And not 'Value' - turns off bits

This is still a little bit over my head.

What I'm hoping for is to create a toggleable spell that replaces whatever projectile a subsequently cast spell would normally use. Think of the wild surge that makes the wild mages spell effect all targets within 60', even if its normally single target, like stoneskin. That's what I'm hoping to build. Cant this effect do that? What does it do if not?
    Still messing with this to no avail. Maybe no one has ever attempted to use it?

My next guess as to its function is that its used on an existing spell...one that you might want to have multiple projectiles or different varieties. I could see some uses there..still could be accomplished other ways though.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited February 2017
    It doesn't do anything to projectiles. It alters which cycle of a BAM file is used. The projectile it uses is for display purposes only.

The Resource field indicates which BAM animation is to be affected.
    The Value and Modifier change which Cycle of the BAM animation is played.

It's used in IWDEE to switch the endgame area's portal animation on/off.
    Here's my understanding of how it works:
    Each of the 4 corners of the portal use the same BAM, but different cycles: 0, 1, 2, & 3.(Closed)
    The effect uses value=4, modifier=3(XoR).
    0 XoR 4 = 4
    1 XoR 4 = 5
    2 XoR 4 = 6
    3 XoR 4 = 7
    Each of the 4 corners of the portal now use cycles 4, 5, 6, & 7 respectively.(Open)
    The next effect again uses value=4, modifier=3(XoR).
    4 XoR 4 = 0
    5 XoR 4 = 1
    6 XoR 4 = 2
    7 XoR 4 = 3
    Each of the 4 corners of the portal now use cycles 0, 1, 2, & 3 respectively.(Closed)
    Thanks so much for the explanation. That was driving me nuts!