Skip to content

BG3 using infinity engine?

2»

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    It doesnt look like its going to reach the required amount of backing unfortunately :(

I just had a craving to play Sacred 2 again ... I hate the excessive blindening bloom, monsters and bandits absoultely everywhere, zero modding tools, zero character editing / respeccing.

The gear grinding / ARPG elements are handled so wonderfully by it, but its so excessively hardcore, way too much kill kill kill kill grind grind grind grind, and overboard shiny that it just puts me off very fast.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    I don't think a new graphic engine is possible anyways based on the small size of the team. Obsidian can as they have a huge team to work and refine a new game engine. A new engine takes a ton of time, money and people. On the other hand, a spruced up infinity engine would work nicely and as a bonus, the less time you waste trying to build a new engine from scratch is that the team can focus instead on story. I've always been in the school(perhaps because i'm old lol) that i prefer good storytelling and solid battle rules to flashy graphics anyday.

Games these days, specifically mmo's all follow the same boring path.......auto-attack plus pushing all these power buttons till the timer is done then rinse and repeat...YAWN. Give me games that actually require some thought and planning like D&D based games or similar. As usual my old brain's train of thought has derailed so i must stop.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    NO CELL SHADING

For the love of everything that is good, please do not use Cell shading for anything related to BG or your future RPG's!

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I can't speak for Overhaul, but I think their plan is to start small (making Enhanced Editions of BG1 and BG2, possibly others) and if successful the income provided by the Enhanced Editions plus the status gained from having some successful releases would allow them to get funding for larger projects (BG3).