Skip to content

A suggestion for Assassins

2»

Comments

• DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    @Mungri
    Backstabbing Only, would be fine with me yes. Still a thief in regular combat + poison coatings.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    I like the focus on daggers but the suggestion seems overpowered. Maybe just a bonus to THAC0 on backstabs (instead of all attacks) and two points in daggers.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012
    Kaxon said:

I like the focus on daggers but the suggestion seems overpowered. Maybe just a bonus to THAC0 on backstabs (instead of all attacks)

That might be better, but have it scaling, like the Skald THAC0 bonus, as a problem with an Assassin can be making contact in the first place
    Kaxon said:

and two points in daggers.

and darts :-) I'd like a reason to use darts as an assassin, its true that 3 poisoned attacks per round does help here a bit already (if they can hit), but currently bows are better, you only lose one attack, but hit harder. Don't forget an Assassin would not get the extra attacks that a fighter/thief gets from 2 pips, so its not that OP

I don't think the above would be overkill, especially if, for example, you removed the ability to use shortbows (maybe crossbows too, though that might be too harsh) and perhaps staves and two-handed weapon fighting. I'm not sure the second pip in SWF is needed, though, the only bonus is as extra -1 AC and why should an Assassin get that, but an ordinary thief not? There's probably no need to remove the one pip allowed in 2-weapon fighting, its useless as is anyway.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    We need to know how to do that though, this isnt going to be anything official, and can only be done via mods. Im not a modder, I only just peeked at some modding tools and did what I could find.

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    @Mungri - You could hack a dual Fighter>Assassin in Shadowkeeper, which would be quite awesome, but probably OP...
  • FeidhlimFeidhlim Member Posts: 10
    Will Shadowkeeper work on Windows 7? I remember having that program ages ago...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Feidhlim said:

Will Shadowkeeper work on Windows 7? I remember having that program ages ago...

Yeppers. Though I imagine it will have to be adjusted for BGEE.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    2 things: any bonuses they receive I believe should be given to any piercing weapon a thief can use (Bow, Xbow, Dagger, Shortsword, Dart) and I think they should be able to backstab with ranged weapons. A well aimed arrow/bolt kills just as effectively as a dagger and are just as common throughout history. Other than being able to backstab with ranged weapons, the only additional buff I'd give the assassin (I actually think they're rather fine) is simply a greater chance to initially hit from stealth.

They aren't MEANT to go toe to toe, they're meant for 1 attack and then slinking away (they hope) to do it again.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    They need Lightning Sentries.