Skip to content

Bug with ability scores bonus on AC after equipping Bow.

gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
Hi, I found this bug where equipped a bow that gives +1 AC bonus actually reduce it by 1 or even 2 after i try to requipped some other gears with it.

Here is the SS.

Notice the abilit score "bonus" where in fact it penalised my AC. Anyway to go about this?

All the invalid stats are EQ that i port over from BGEE:SOD and I already checked there is nth wrong with the stats equipped. This doesnt happen in BGEE:SOD.

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited February 2017
    What sword do you have equipped? The game will give you ability score "bonuses" if you have an item that provides a bonus equipped but not readied in order to keep their bonuses from applying incorrectly.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2017
    Pokota said:

What sword do you have equipped? The game will give you ability score "bonuses" if you have an item that provides a bonus equipped but not readied in order to keep their bonuses from applying incorrectly.

That Sword was Acid Tongue +3 from SOD which has no bonus.

I remove it and use just bow and the problem persisted. Change the bow to other char and it also caused that issue on that char. Seem like the issue lies with the bow BUT I check the stats under DLTCEP there is nothing wrong.

The OPCODE use for AC bonus is correct.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    This was reported a long time ago. Currently in IWDEE, a Bow cannot share the same "All Weapons" AC modifier value as any other equipped item, or it will be negated, whether its a bonus or penalty. The effect lasts until you unequip itself and everything that it conflicted with.

If you want to get around this, either:
    Give the bow 2 AC modifiers that total "+1": such as a +5 and a -4
    Give the bow a +1 AC bonus for each specific type (slashing, crushing, missile, piercing) instead of an "All weapons" bonus.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @subtledoctor You can also notice this with the axe Battle axe: Defender +2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2017
    I can't reproduce with the axe. Even dual-wielding the axe in both hands, I get their full AC bonus plus everything else equipped.
    It only affects IWDEE v1.4, it wasn't present in the next(BG2EE v1.3) update, and the v2.+ games aren't affected, so it has presumably already been fixed and just waiting for the update.
    Again, it's because there's special handling in place to account for if you have equipped an item that provides an AC Bonus but it's not readied. Put the Defender in a main hand slot and J. Random Axe in the next one over. If you ready the random axe you'll see what I mean.
    edited February 2017
    @subtledoctor Well, I noticed this:
    if one of these weapons is in one of your quick weapon slots and you equip another weapon of another quick weapon slot, then you'll read this in the AC box:
    Battle axe: Defender +2: -2
    Ability bonuses: +2

Those two strings should disappear if I equip a different weapon (even if the Defender +2 is still in one of my quick weapon slots.....)
    That's how the game displays an equipped, but suppressed, AC bonus. Other effects that (intentionally) suppress equipped AC bonuses display the same way.
    The total AC with the Axe active or not is still correct.
    edited February 2017
    kjeron said:

That's how the game displays an equipped, but suppressed, AC bonus. Other effects that (intentionally) suppress equipped AC bonuses display the same way.
    The total AC with the Axe active or not is still correct.

Yes, the total AC is correct, but it is probably a little bit strange to see -2+2=0 .... However, if this is the way the game displays an equipped (but suppressed) AC bonus, I'll be fine with it......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    If BGEE has no such issue, I dont see why IWD EE cannot fix this. Afterall they are using the same engine?
    BGEE has no such issue because it's on a newer engine version. If anyone has a pre-2.x version of BGEE laying around, can you test it to see if unreadied weapon AC modifiers are handled like that in that version?
    @Pokota If I recall correctly, the quarterstaff Staff of the Magi was handled like that (so -2+2=0 .......)