Skip to content

Item opinion

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
I'm in the works of making a custom item and Im looking for some constructive opinions.

Version 1:

This flawless katana bears the mark of Taka Kobe, an honoured swordsmith of Kara-Tur, though how it came to be here is unknown. Perfectly balanced, the kensai can let the momentum from a deadly melee attack carry his weapon into another foe, thereby gaining an extra attack per round.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
- 1 extra attack per round (Kensai)

Damage: 1d10+2 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 0
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: One-handed
Requires:
6 Strength

Weight: 4

Version 2:

This flawless katana bears the mark of Taka Kobe, an honoured swordsmith of Kara-Tur, though how it came to be here is unknown. Perfectly balanced, a kensai can let the momentum from a deadly melee attack carry his weapon into another foe, thereby gaining en extra attack in the next round.

STATISTICS

Combat abilities:
- Whenever the wielder delivers a killing blow to an enemy, gains an extra attack in the next round (Kensai)

Damage: 1d10+2 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 0
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: One-handed
Requires:
6 Strength

Weight: 4

I was planning to imbed it into the game by assigning it to a kensai enemy...

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2017
    Version two is more fun and unpredictable; its bonus is a nice and useful surprise when it happens. Version one is just a better version of Belm - and to quote Lilarcor, "Boring! Boring! Booooring!"

For a slightly more powerful version two, add a short-term Blur effect on the wielder (perhaps for for 3-5 rounds) whenever he delivers a killing blow. ("He moved so fast; it was all a blur. Bandito and Thuggy never stood a chance.") Those two effects create a unique weapon insentivizing the player to keep using it.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    If you went with version one, people would just stick it in the off-hand to beef up Celestial Fury... The other option and that suggested by @rrchristensen would at least reward you for giving it respect of a main-hand weapon.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    option 2, definitely. Depending on which part of the game it will be used (Underdark or later) you may also consider changing it to +3. @rrchristensen's blur suggestion sounds interesting.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps place it early in SoA and then make it upgradeable by Cromwell, from +2 to +4 , with a component found in the Underdark?
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Option one is great for simplicity sake; it's a Belm for Katana kensais.

Option 2 is more interesting; the proc is cool and useful. I have some experience editing items but that proc effect seems intensive to add however! The other is a simple equip effect that's easy to test
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

Option one is great for simplicity sake; it's a Belm for Katana kensais.

Option 2 is more interesting; the proc is cool and useful. I have some experience editing items but that proc effect seems intensive to add however! The other is a simple equip effect that's easy to test

Thank you for your feedback

I have actually created both items already and am experimenting with placing them within the game, currently I've give the item to Koshi...making that battle a little harder