Skip to content

Will BG:EE have something similar to the NPC Project?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the EE version will have something like the NPC Project? I ask because when I used the mod in the orginial I felt it added to the game in terms of immersion. It would be a shame if there wasn't.
I rather enjoy the spontenous conversations, or the fact that my party members got something to say when talking with other NPC's.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I imagine the bgee will have something exactly identical to the NPC project, since one of the stated goals of the remake is to retain compatibility as far as possible with existing mods, and to make modding easier.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Nope. Only new party interaction included will take place in new areas between old an new NPCs. Or so I heard.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    ZelgadisGW is correct. Anyway the BG1 NPC Project will be converted as was confirmed by the modder responsible.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Overhaul team is actually contractually prohibited from adding additional banters between original characters, or giving the original characters more lines for original areas/quests. I think all they're allowed to do with original characters is giving them banters with the new characters, and possibly give them new lines regarding new quests/content.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    BG NPC mod is so well written , I wish they turned its dialogues into something official.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    So could anyone explain how to mod new NPCs into the game?

I made a thread asking how to here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6337/how-do-i-mod-extra-party-joinable-npcs-into-the-game#latest

Would be great if someone could write a guide on creating new NPCs, not just creating custom multiplayer groups, but recruitable NPCs in the game world.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Nope. Only new party interaction included will take place in new areas between old an new NPCs. Or so I heard.

Good news: It's not just in new areas.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Jalily Are you serious? Where did you heard that?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @ZelgadisGW

"The developers have already confirmed that some of these interactions occur in the old areas. They can make new content for the old characters if they're interacting with new content (which includes the new NPCs)." -Tanthalas

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/73110/#Comment_73110