Skip to content

The Candlekeep Library: Are all the shelves full?

Without denouncing the good work that Overhaul are doing for all us BG fans, can we expect the Candlekeep Library to funnel out any more interesting information before the game is released? At the moment it's provided relatively little considering it's purpose was to satisfy eager fans in the wake of the game's release date being pushed back.

Although many people mightn't bother to, surely those of us who have looked back at it's purpose and promises in hindsight feel a little underwhelmed by what it has given us in exchange for our patience and understanding?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I was under the impression that more short stories were on the way.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    As long as it won't delay the release of the game...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    There should be a release trailer coming as well
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I did find the stories in the CandleKeep Library to be the coolest thing yet. Fun to read and made the characters more interesting to me.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    To be honest, lack of updates doesn't make Overhaul look good. Sure, the characters stories might be cool, but still in order to avoid spoiler I cannot read them. Aside from voice acting, these updates had little meaning to me.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    All this talk about updates and the candlekeep library reminds me of the old adage of Confucius and the cookie.

When a cookie is proffered... The cookie is eaten.

Much happiness results...

When a cookie is promised... Or even hinted at... EVERYONE WANTS THE COOKIE!

WHERE IS THE BLASTED BHAALSPAWN COOKIE!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    No worries... Partial cookie with what looks like fur from Boo's bum stuck to it found behind my sofa... Cravings satisfied for another day! Yay!
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I am happy with what they've provided, but not content. If there is more on it's way, that's great. But with a gap of over a month since the last post was made, I'm betting the Library was not a thought out move, and simply a stalling, distract-tactic while they delayed the game