Skip to content

Anomen or Rasaad Romance? Please help

Hey ya!

Guys, this is my first time playing a female character (I myself am male and have always created male characters) , so I decided to push my roleplaying aim a bit forward and make her a paladin (cavalier).
I'm still in BG1 , dating Ajantis (npc romance mod) but I'm still puzzled about whom I should romance in BG2. Here is what I have considered so far .
1- My character
Being a strong character who can fight well and lead armies , she isn't really looking for a man in her life, but rather a guy who understands her cause and supports it, and also works as an outlet for her frustrations and fears.

2-Anomen
I know that he's the subject of hate by many players because of his arrogance, but I find that attractive when it comes to party interaction as long as it brings stimulating dialogues. Is that the case or he's a douche and that's about it? Besides, I must say that I trust in Bioware's dialogues .

3- Rasaad
The monk himself is adorable, supportive and I love his quests in BG1. In BG2, however, I came to think of him as a bit boring.Like most EEnpcs his BG2 quests seem too long and it looks like you're playing two games in one. But as I said, Rasaad is adorable and exotic.

What do you think? What are your personal views on both romances?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    edited March 2017
    I haven't played the Rasaad romance yet.

Anomen: the romance is really good, imho. It gives a good view on Anomen's back ground and explains why he acts as a d*ck (which he doesn't when romanced). I really enjoyed it.

Or, you could install Sir Ajantis for BGII mod and continue romancing Ajantis. Unless, of course, the BG1 romance it not to your taste.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    Rasaad is vastly preferable to me. I find his story compelling and his romance is very organic. It's a gradual thing that builds on friendship and trust. He is by no means dull; the whole devout monk on zealous quest thing can be very deceptive in that respect. Part of his romance is finding out that, despite his emphasis on strict self-regulation, he's really just a man with his emotions always turned up to 11, trying desperately to outwardly tone it down with little success. He is indeed adorable and supportive and I think every bit worth your time.

Anomen, on the other hand, I am personally repelled by. And it's not just his arrogant personality. The way he treats Charname when he's romanced, especially if he fails his test, is just...not good. He insults Charname in very personal ways and though he explains himself and may say he's sorry, it comes off to me as more of an excuse than anything. I suppose there are parts of his romance that are quite nice, if you're into the literal knight-in-shining-armor thing, but as someone who has been in similar shoes to him, the way his romance is handled in relation to his personal quest makes me extremely uncomfortable.

This is, of course, all highly subjective (especially my feelings about the Anomance) and it ultimately depends on what you're looking for, but I nonetheless hope that this perspective is helpful in some way.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @jastey
    Thank you for the help. I'm lovin' Ajantis Romance from the npc project , but I think it's fair to move on to different npc's from one game to another. Besides, the npc project is so well written that I might feel that his BG2 romance is way too different.

and @Svar , well, at the moment I'm playing BG1 and I'm keeping Rassad for friendship talks and I'll romance him in SoD (he is indeed very sweet) , and I suppose that I'll have the maturity to decide until then. As for Anomen, I'll keep in mind that he might be quite cruel, although I remember Viconia doing that to me and it was actually challenging to see her merge from cold treatment to a tenderness.

Thank you, Ladies!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    edited March 2017
    @DJKajuru : I wrote both BG1NPC romance and the Ajantis BGII mod so it might be you'd enjoy the second part, too. But it's your decision, of course. And thank you for the praise! EDIT: Just in case - I am talking about this mod.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Both romances have similar themes, so it probably comes down to which character you enjoy most. Pretty much ALL of Anomen's character development is in his romance, sadly. Rasaad (from what I hear) is a bit more of a romantic, but there aren't as many new character insights.