BY USING OUR FORUMS, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO THESE GUIDELINES.Welcome to the official Beamdog forums! These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and talk about Beamdog games with other players. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. We ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.
In order to keep this a fun place for all community members, there are a few ground rules that must be followed for all methods of communication and apply to posting, private messaging, e-mail, and instant messaging.
1. This Site is Rated Teen (ESRB).Treat the forums as Teen by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). Excessive cursing and profanity, the posting of nude photos, and unapologetic bigotry are not allowed.
Don't post abusive, defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, obscene, profane, vulgar, pornographic, violent, or illicit content.
No illegal activities are allowed. Do not link or discuss illegal activities.
Since this Site is open to the general public, do not post pornographic materials or other offensive content, neither images, nor text.
The use of profanity is not allowed. Please, be respectful of your fellow players, and do not use this sort of language. This includes intentionally working around words, partially masking profanity by substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear.
2. No Advertisement.This Site is not to be used to advertise or distribute products, services or copyrighted material.
Don’t post links to, attach to a post, or post: warez, illegal software, illegal copies of books, substantial portions of copyrighted texts, or anything of the sort. This is not limited to copyrighted published material, but also to images that must be purchased, and anything else being illegally distributed. If you possess verifiable consent of the owner of copyrighted content, you may post the allowed content (within the limits of the content rules).
3. No Piracy.Any discussion of piracy is not allowed, including, but not limited to encouraging to pirate games for any reason, sharing links to illegal copies of video games, cracks, and key generators.
4. No Spam.Unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation are not allowed.
Posting frequent, annoying, and/or nonsensical posts will not be tolerated. Posting the same message to multiple threads (also known as cross-posting) is also not permitted. This also includes posting multiple threads or comments in short sequence that are about largely the same thing.
If you have a question you want answered about a series of topics, the best way to go about it is with a single thread asking all of the questions, not a series of several threads. These spam-like threads take up a lot of space in the queue and make it harder for people to find the discussion they're looking for.
5. No multiple/alternative accounts.Each user is entitled to one account on this Site. Creating and using multiple accounts for any reason will not be tolerated. Alternate accounts will be banned, and creators of alternate accounts will be dealt with appropriately depending on how those alternates are used.
Only in case you lose access to your old account, forget password and/or email you use, you can create a new account. In these cases you should send a Private Message (PM) to the forum moderators immediately.
6. Do not troll, flame or make personal attacks.Flaming any member of the community, including members of the development team, will not be tolerated.
If you feel that someone is directly attacking you on a personal level, or if you feel that someone is being intentionally offensive to someone else, please notify the forum moderators using the "Flag" feature on the relevant post, and they will take care of it.
Trolling will not be tolerated as well. Being belligerent and antagonistic, or provoking other members intentionally, will be considered in the same light as trolling.
Again, if you think you are being trolled, or if you see someone trolling someone else, please notify the forum moderators using the "Flag" feature on the relevant post.
7. Do not reveal personal information.Due to privacy concerns, your comments and wall posts should not contain sensitive personal information, including account information. If discussing Support interactions, comments must be kept constructive, civil, and should not reveal personal or account information.
Use Private Messages (PMs) if you want to contact a certain user.
8. Do not spoil. Use Spoiler Alerts if you plan to discuss Spoilers.If you're going to discuss content from any game, movie, book etc. that pertains to the story or plot, please use spoiler tags ( [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ] but without the spaces).
For threads devoted to such discussions, add SPOILER as a prefix to the thread's subject line. This is a kindness to those people who still haven't played, watched, read the appropriate product before.
If you see a thread that should be marked, or content that should be tagged, please notify the forum moderators.
9. Be nice, intelligent and respectful to other users.
The official Beamdog forums are a safe and constructive space to discuss game content and related items. It is okay for users to disagree with one another, but opinions must be expressed in a reasonable and polite manner. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect, so that all voices may be heard.
10. Moderators’ decisions are final.Report any inappropriate content to the forum moderators. There's a button on every post - "Flag".
If you see a post that you think breaks one of the rules, click "Flag", then "Report". A window will pop up. Choose the rule that you think the post is breaking. If you're not sure, choose "Other". Provide any additional details in the Notes section. Press "Send Report".
Do this instead of engaging with the problem yourself in-thread. Let the moderators decide how to deal with any issues between users.
These reports are completely private, seen only by the forum moderators, so don’t worry about retaliation or backlash.
Moderators’ decisions are final. Privately discussed matters are not open for public discussion. If you have an issue with one moderator, address it with a Private Message (PM) to any other moderator.
NOTICE: Unless otherwise expressly stated, Beamdog are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Site and the materials you post related to Beamdog's licensed intellectual property. By submitting (e.g., uploading) content to the official forums for Beamdog games, you automatically grant Beamdog the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) of 2000 require that Web Sites are to obtain consent of the individuals before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information. Personal information from children under 13 can be collected, used, or disclosed only after obtaining parental consent. You must be 13 years of age or older to register on this site. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
The rules above apply equally to anyone. They are open to interpretation by the moderators and administrators of these forums. All decisions made by Beamdog regarding these rules are final.
If you have any questions, feel free to send a Private Message (PM) to any moderator.
This discussion has been closed.