Skip to content

Suggestion for BG2:EE: Xpcap for SoA

13»

Comments

• DjonneDjonne Member Posts: 71

I think there should be an in game option to uncap or cap the experience. Maybe even set the cap ourselves (with a button we can press to restore it to its original state).

I think it should be kept simple :D
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Djonne said:

Tanthalas said:

Djonne said:

Watcher's Keep is not a problem if granted xp is just inhibited during SoA time, reactivated after you retrieve your soul.

But that's the thing, you can access Watcher's Keep right after exiting Irenicus Chateau with ToB installed.
    What would be wrong with that?
    Watcher's Keep was never a part of Shadows of Amn, so you can't say that the SoA cap was intended for Watcher's Keep too.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Going through Watchers keep with the SoA cap and 6 multiclass characters would be rather painful.
    My proposed cap would not apply if you start Watcher's keep in SoA and finish it in ToB.

The only thing that would be changed is that it would be harder to finish during SoA time.
    But then again, doing Watcher's Keep early, currently, makes the end of Soa even lamer, I don't see any issue at inciting players to finish it later :o
    Mungri said:

Going through Watchers keep with the SoA cap and 6 multiclass characters would be rather painful.

This is not a bug, this is a feature. :D
    I find it a good thing to make newcomers eventually face a situation where their party is too week. It would break the linear feeling of BG2 :o
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Your opinion on what are bugs and features is completely wrong.

The 8 mill XP cap in SoA after ToB and Watchers keep are installed is an intended feature, not a bug.

Capping the XP to 2.95 mill after installing would be a bug, and not an intended feature.

Another fix you could try yourself - after reaching 2.95 mill EXP, use the console to reset your XP to 0. After completing SoA set it back to 2.95 mill.
    I was being sarcastic. :o

Boundary between bugs and features is of course complex, we are not in a boolean world, are we?