Skip to content

What a problem with reviews of Siege of Dragonspear gog/steam?

124»

Comments

• RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Papa_Lou said:

But the worst is the 2nd choice of reply options.

" I am shocked you would barter away your favours so easily"

Think about that for a moment, directed at Viconia, a former pristess of Lolth in Drow society.

Of all the insults one could direct at Viconia the idea that sex is something a woman "barters" with a man is huge.
    Men are there to serve, she is unwavering, as you say, in that belief.

I see what you're getting at, but I doubt many people within the Forgotten Realms really understand drow culture, unless they're either a drow themselves, or have spent a significant amount of time in the underdark.

Considering (canonically) charname is supposed to be somewhere in their 20s, I doubt he/she would really understand the extent of such an alien culture. To them, such a direct approach to that topic might be a little jarring.

Granted, the charname might know a little more about drow society if they went through BG1 with Viconia (or perhaps Baeloth), but even still, I imagine they wouldn't be experts in the field.

Their knowledge of drow culture post-BG2, however, is a totally different story. :D
    The PC grew up at Candlekeep though. Good source of information.

I think if you have a high Int you get to show off some obscure knowledge now and again in BG2.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    a consequence of all that drama last year is there are no reviews on youtube at all. type in siege of dragonspear review and you get a troll review and rants about the drama. and one section of a baldurs gate retrospective that talked about siege.