Skip to content

Nov.1, 2012, BGEE Trailer in approvals...

124»

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    To be fair, the only thing currently going on with the GUI is polishing. The last "big" visual thing was the portrait icons with what your character is doing.

The approval process is apparently just slow as hell.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    Silence is sometimes good....... but when its all the time ; its annoying.. :/
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

To be fair, the only thing currently going on with the GUI is polishing. The last "big" visual thing was the portrait icons with what your character is doing.

The approval process is apparently just slow as hell.

True, but this whining has been going on for months, even back when the game was undertaking big changes. So while what I said may hold more truth a few months ago, the concept is still the same.

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    I don't mind this on a personal level. I am excited about this game already and have already pre-ordered and just want the possible final product.

I find it mildly discouraging because it is a big miss for basic marketing. It is a big missed opportunity to not have out HD screenshots, a trailer, etc. less than 2 weeks before the release date. The interviews that are being done now (good thing) should be accompanied by screen shots, links to the trailer (or embedded trailer), etc. I have no doubt that Tanthalas is right about the approval process but that is a process failure by the chain of people involved to the extent these items are not already out there.

I hope it won't negatively impact sales.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @AHF - It's not going to hurt marketing, or I don't think it will. In the past, there was a media blitz because hard copies were being printed and distributed, so there's a huge initial cost to recoup. This is a lot different and a somewhat unique situation for BG:EE. They're not trying to sell a fixed number to justify another production run and whatnot.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Yes, maybe we are whiney. I wish I was less anxious about the wait. Getting previews is not about being entitled to something, but about us BG-addicts needing something to sooth our brains, in my opinion. But I perfectly understand the approval is a wait for the Overhaul team as well and they aren't sitting idle like we do but working hard to finish the game in time. Us idly waiting and looking at the clock makes our head spin, but I wouldn't want to swap places with the team, looking at the clock and feeling the stress of the deadline. Some people in Edmonton deserve some long vacations after the 20th, I guess.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2012
    AHF said:

First Rule in Combat.. Before you enter a battlefield, check if your Sword is sharp enough!

In other words... Of course it will have some Impact!

Lately i found some posts in various Roleplay Fan boards where people's opinion turned very disappointed because the official site only offers blurry low resolution or also partly blurry Mid-Resolution Pictures.

Even more of that, people said they would not buy because having only bad screenshots available, which created for them the point of view that the finished product features such a "blurfest".

A big enough fail in Marketing Terms, which will INDEED have an impact on Sales Numbers. People tell the "News" others and soon you have a big amount of negative publicity.

If you do not offer at least one good reason why buying a game in the first place on the official site then do not wonder why you have suddenly people are pissed.

I just hope that that many marketing mistakes will not be repeated with BG2:EE - Because the more mistakes you do, the lesser the selling numbers are in the end.

And it is very difficult to show a driven away customer that the reasons why he/she is not buying the game are the wrong ones.

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

Yes, maybe we are whiney. I wish I was less anxious about the wait. Getting previews is not about being entitled to something, but about us BG-addicts needing something to sooth our brains, in my opinion.

I am completely with you on that.

I just don't like reading post which are borderline insults towards the development team.

• IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    There is at least one good point out of that situation - to make it better for the BG2:EE :)

What does that mean? If you release Screenshots on the future page, then only in that case when the Screenshots really are flawless ones :)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited November 2012
    I think that the thing to note here is that, although most of us forumites are unnaturally good people (and modest too), the internet as a whole is much more of a mixed bag. While a lot of us, myself included, don't mind the dearth of information, I've seen a lot of people on other boards who are disappointed by the lack of info/new stuff in the EE. Why not release some info to prove them wrong? :)
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

AHF said:

First Rule in Combat.. Before you enter a battlefield, check if your Sword is sharp enough!

In other words... Of course it will have some Impact!

Lately i found some posts in various Roleplay Fan boards where people's opinion turned very disappointed because the official site only offers blurry low resolution or also partly blurry Mid-Resolution Pictures.

Even more of that, people said they would not buy because having only bad screenshots available, which created for them the point of view that the finished product features such a "blurfest".

A big enough fail in Marketing Terms, which will INDEED have an impact on Sales Numbers. People tell the "News" others and soon you have a big amount of negative publicity.

If you do not offer at least one good reason why buying a game in the first place on the official site then do not wonder why you have suddenly people are pissed.

I just hope that that many marketing mistakes will not be repeated with BG2:EE - Because the more mistakes you do, the lesser the selling numbers are in the end.

And it is very difficult to show a driven away customer that the reasons why he/she is not buying the game are the wrong ones.
    This is in the same vein as my concern.
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    It's ready when it's ready, it really is that simple, so just be patient as there is nothing we can say or do to change it ;)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2012
    I think people are mostly annoyed not by lack of updates, but rather of lack of already announced (thought only on twitter) things. We know that there should be trailer, but people are waiting for weeks in vain, whats annoys them.

One isn't dissapointed for lack of changes, but rather of unmatched expectations. IMO.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @Moomintroll ok that is really cute lol