Skip to content

Any way to turn the bard song into a toggle?

AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
I mean, it's kind of a toggle now, but it stops when the bard does anything else such as swing a sword. Boo disapproves. So how do I go about making it a persistent effect once toggled and only go offline when I click the button again?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it's possible. Theoretically. Unfortunately it involves detaching the bard song effect with the button and making it into a special ability instead.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261

Yes, it's possible. Theoretically. Unfortunately it involves detaching the bard song effect with the button and making it into a special ability instead.

no way to edit the effect duration directly?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    No. You see the bard song isn't a persistent effect, but a spell that reapplies itself every round when the bard has the song enabled. The bard song turning off when any action is taken is hard coded. The best you can do is make the button do nothing then make a special ability that emulates the bard song's effect with a permanent duration and a separate spell which removes the effect (to emulate disabling the song). But then, why would you bother turning the song off at all if that were the case?
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Doesn't the song improve with levels? I'd have to create 2 spells for each iteration of it AND make sure to delete the older ones, no?. It would be easier to just edit the effect attached to the spell which is cast via the button. Do we know the code for it or how to find it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.