Skip to content

Approximately how long are we away from BG2EE?

MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
BGEE is lovely and we all cant wait to play it, but I'm curious, how long do you think will BG2EE take to be completed after that?

Cos I've played through BG1 at least 50 times since it was released, and theres not really much about it Im not familiar with, while I've only completed BG2 SoA less than 10 times simply due to how much longer it is.

Surprisingly, I've only completed Watchers Keep and ToB one time only, by the time I finish SoA its taken long enough and I'm always satisfied without needing to play the uber level parts.

Though I could play BG2 and the expansion at any time by simply starting a new game in TOB, I dont like doing that and like to play through everything with one character at a time.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Considering, they had to make the bg1 dataset compatible with bgee's engine (the tob codebase).
    And to implement the gui and other enhancements only once.
    It seems reasonable to say, that they already made about 3/4 of the distance to bg2ee.
    But this is pure speculation, i don't know what improvements or additions they plan for bg2ee.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    About a year away. Trent said they're committed to shipping it in 2013.

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Cool, but 2013 is a whole 12 months :(

It could mean like november - december 2013 :(
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, that's about what I would expect, especially with post-release content plans for BGEE.
  • simichsimich Member Posts: 14
    Are there post-release content plans for BGEE? Where did you read that?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The plans I (think I) heard were for a 2013 summer release. But obviously that could end up changed.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    simich said:

Are there post-release content plans for BGEE? Where did you read that?

They have said before that they are planning on DLC for BG:EE Post release, But dont worry:

There will be more new and free content than paid content.

Also there are a lot of things that they planned to do but due to time constraints it will be Post-Ship, one example is Improved Weather Effects including day-night transitions. Also I believe that 'Adventure Y' will be Post ship and many other features

• simichsimich Member Posts: 14
    That's simply awesome :D Thanks for the heads up.
  • NightfallRobNightfallRob Member Posts: 43
    I know if I were them I'd shoot for yearly releases towards the end of November. This could make a pretty solid X-mas gift for a lot of gamers, and that means more sales at initial release.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Personally, I'd expect bg2ee to be released a little faster the bgee. Most of the time consuming stuff like the new UI and improved graphical systems will already be there.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    On the other hand, BG2 is a bigger game and may need more work to fix all the bugs that still exist in dialogues, equipment, wrong assignment of races and alignments, etc...
  • misiekbemisiekbe Member Posts: 17
    BG2EE would be great, my favourite cRPG of all time!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    mlnevese said:

On the other hand, BG2 is a bigger game and may need more work to fix all the bugs that still exist in dialogues, equipment, wrong assignment of races and alignments, etc...

I'm not so sure about that - most of the BG2 fixes already exist, with a whole list of them you could do that officially in a very short time!