Skip to content

[Request] Classic Movies Option on Menu

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
This request comes about 2 years too late (but who knows if you guys do a major update, or decide to do more updates on EE in the future, maybe it can be used). I haven't played in awhile, and these things come to me randomly in the bitter watches of the night. :)

I always mod my BG:EE to show the classic movies. Yeah they are dated, but I love them. Since you guys have options to use that property, why not have an option in the interface to use Classic Movies, or EE Movies? That way you are including more original game content, and the hard work that went into it.

Just a thought.
KilivitzbatoorZaghoulBlackorb

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    If it's possible, then I'm all for this as well.
    HaHaCharade
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @HaHaCharade I add them as well.

Cutting certain movies really was a surprise the first time I played it when they were missing. They really added to the atmosphere of the game. I know it takes time to beef up the resolution and rework the movies but it would be a nice touch. Given that, yes, the option alone would be nice. I am guessing they were left out DUE to the lower resolution perhaps not being up to par with the newest version and additions to the game. Lower res or not, the Wyvern and Sewer entrance movies were great.
    HaHaCharadeBlackorb
  • BlackorbBlackorb Member Posts: 62
    Yes please! I love the enhanced edition but this was 1 of the few things i personally didn't like about the Enhanced edition.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    You could actually mod the classic movies into the game. I once tried to do that and then found that it had already been done:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55573-mod-bg-ee-classic-movies/