Skip to content

BGEE Icon tattoo

Hello all I wanted to show off my new tattoo. Size, roughly that of a woman's league softball. I am not sure on how to link a picture of it here. I loaded the pic into photobucket however it is also my Avatar here.

http://s1143.beta.photobucket.com/user/Mereinid/media/BGEE.jpg.html

Comments

• Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Wow! Neat-o!
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Bad decisions come in many forms it seems...
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Holy lick!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    That's going to be painful to remove. :p
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Gotta love the immediate assumptions that you didn't think on it.

Looks like you plunked down some good cash for it and found a good artist too, it's pretty damn good.

I think it's really cool. I'm not one for getting icons tattoo'd because it's a bit fickle, though something like Sonic or BG might be an exception for me because those were my childhood; even if I never play the games again I will still have fond memories of playing them.

Considering you took 14 years to think about it, somehow I don't think you're going to regret it. :)

---

On a SLIGHTLY related note, I've been thinking about going to a theme park with a picture of the Baldur's Gate logo, and bringing it to one of those shirt air brushing booths and having them do it. It could look *fantastic* being all gold and sparkly just like it is sometimes displayed in-game.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It looks quite neat, but I doubt it is reasonable decision from someone who's over 40 years old.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    Looks awesome! Your right arm is enhanced edition now! :D

I would never do a tattoo myself, because I would probably change my mind after about one month after making it :P
  • MereinidMereinid Member Posts: 46
    Thank you Quartz, I appreciate the comment above in the tattoo defense. I have learned that everyone has an opinion on just about everything and I have learned to take them all, freely given or not, with a grain of salt.
    There are only about 1 or two people, on this little blue planet, that could make me regret something I gave considerable thought to. Let these boys and girls give their opinion, I will take it in stride and sally-forth on to my next tattoo for my left arm. The Icewind Dale icon, with the gnarly tree.
    I have provided, yet another link for the picture:
    http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/Mereinid/Icewind-Dale-3-icon.png

Mereinid
    Roll Tide!!
  • DjonneDjonne Member Posts: 71
    I would prefer getting the Torment one :D

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Ahh yes, that tree is gnarly indeed...
    Hey Djonne, that is on my list. To be honest, I want the entire Black Isle Studio Game Icons: BG1, Tales of the Sword Coast, BGII, Throne of Bhall, Icewind Dale, IWD: Heart of Winter, IWD II and Planescape. Just the D&D ones.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Mereinid said:

Hey Djonne, that is on my list. To be honest, I want the entire Black Isle Studio Game Icons: BG1, Tales of the Sword Coast, BGII, Throne of Bhall, Icewind Dale, IWD: Heart of Winter, IWD II and Planescape. Just the D&D ones.

Do you have enough.... skin?

I liked the cracked skull! The Torment one is also really neat.

• RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    I've always wondered what I'd get if I ever felt compelled to get a tattoo. I guess I always assumed it would be original dead Link or Proto Man. I'm glad you intervened before I made my hypothetical decision. I guess I'm stealing your idea, hypothetically.
  • DjonneDjonne Member Posts: 71
    Mereinid said:

Isn't that a bit too much?
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Nice tat man.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    The PT would look awesome too.
    But don't make too many tattoos, man. One tree on plains look beautiful, but tree in a forrest is just another tree (wow. I'm deep).
    Hey there Djonne, maybe so, maybe not. I like them and I will be taking them with me when I catch a ride off planet one day. Then while I am wearing power armor cleaning out infected colonists on some far off planets..I will have a bit of home with me. =)
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645

It looks quite neat, but I doubt it is reasonable decision from someone who's over 40 years old.

I think your tattoo phobia is far less reasonable. Stop being a sheep and following the people who have a hatred for tattoos, its just ink.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Awesome tattoo! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo myself, but not one for a game. If I did get a gamer tat, it would probably be the N7 logo.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    That is awesome! But please don't forget that is not JUST the "Baldur's Gate icon"

That is the friggin' HOLY SYMBOL of Bhaal
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Then it isn't complete without a pentagram on his other shoulder, and a giant Satan on his back.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Pentagrams and Satan that has nothing to do with Bhaal...So I find you to be mistaken?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Well, if you're getting a tattoo, might as well be of something awesome.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    The tattoo looks great. You must have gone to a pretty good artist! There's a show airing on tv right now in my country called The story of a tattoo (trans) and the tattoo artist there doesn't nearly have the same eye for colour as who did yours. Often it's not just the shape but also the precision of the colouring which makes a good tattoo.
    I'm not sure I could live with a symbol of Bhaal on my arm though:D Sune or Mask on the other hand. :D
    Thanks all, for the kind comments. I did have a very good artist. A little fella in Southwestern Arizona, in a little town called Yuma. He initially told me it would take a couple hours. Once he started it, he quoted.."Man you are moving me with this tatt." 2 hours took 4 hours, he was in the zone, his head bobbing to his music in the background. I wish I could have video'ed it.

As for the Lord of Murder on my arm, yea, for some reason it slipped my mind that it was his holy symbol. Never-the-less, I love it. I am glad I made the decision to go ahead and get it done.

I plan, as I have previously stated, that I want to get the additional icons of the B.I. series of D&D games. However, my wife and I are having somewhat of an issue on how to tie the entire thing together. I would like to have some kind of filler between the icons. Not just skin showing...my wife said, yesterday as a matter of fact, that I should use some kind of steamwork pattern to weave in and out of the icons. Left arm, right arm and the upper portion of my back, below the neckline. On my back, that is a *large* portion of area.

How about giving/leaving me some ideas here. Since you are fans of the lore and obviously the best suited to give advice on tie in ink for the best D&D RPG's of all time.

Mereinid
    Roll Tide!!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Very cool.
    The cracks are a little darker than I'd expect them to be, but overall, excellent!