Skip to content

BGEE Icon tattoo

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Mereinid said:

As for the Lord of Murder on my arm, yea, for some reason it slipped my mind that it was his holy symbol. Never-the-less, I love it. I am glad I made the decision to go ahead and get it done.

As long as you don't go and get it tattooed across your entire face I think you'll be okay.

• MereinidMereinid Member Posts: 46
    Indeed! No, the Lord of Murder shall not grace this bearded face. =)
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited November 2012
    Besides being the logo for the game its actually the Holy Symbol of Bhaal. They're a rough bunch them Bhaalists... here's what the symbol represents (of course its fiction but still). Lol...

Dogma
    -------------
    Bhaalists believed that every murder commited strengthened holy Bhaal. As a result, they viewed murder as both a pastime and a duty. Bhaalists were required to deal death once in every tenday during the darkest period at the heart of the night. If imprisonment or other constraining circumstances made this impossible, they had to murder twice for each death missed. In accordance with the Lord of Murder's teachings, Bhaalists strove to ensure before they died, murder victims knew who was killing them and that their death was in the name of Bhaal. Novices of Bhaal were charged as follows: "Make all folk fear Bhaal. Let your killings be especially elegant, or grisly, or seem easy so that those observing them are awed or terrified. Tell folk that gold proffered can make the Lord of Murder overlook them for today".
    Soooo, Hannible Lechter, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Freddie Kruger and Hitler were all Bhaalists! Things are starting to make sense...*looks over his monitor to his secretary* She has some shifty eyes over there...I have to keep an eye on this one. =)
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Mungri said:

I think your tattoo phobia is far less reasonable. Stop being a sheep and following the people who have a hatred for tattoos, its just ink.

Lol, he's a sheep for not liking tattoos, whereas you're a sheep by liking them. Go join all the other 19 year old girls with tramp stamps. You can get something classy down there, like "Momma's Boy".
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Well keeping with the bhaal theme (If your also doing SOA and TOB) Have you thought about weaving the prophesy between them?
  • DjonneDjonne Member Posts: 71
    Must be fun answering to people asking about the meaning of your tattoo that it is the symbol of the god of murder.
    LordsDarkKnight, that is an awesome idea...hmmm.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    Mereinid said:

How about giving/leaving me some ideas here. Since you are fans of the lore and obviously the best suited to give advice on tie in ink for the best D&D RPG's of all time.

Roll Tide!!

Maybe fading portraits of ingame characters?
    Or just ask an artist. They know what would be good for you.

[edit]
    OR THIS!
    http://img.interia.pl/gry/nimg/l/9/Baldurs_Gate_motyw_RPGi_5905356.jpg

Thats awesome.
    Djonne, I dont bring that up. I am like. It's a game from my past that I love and still play to this day.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    I was planning to tattoo Irenicus on my leg haha
    Nice one Kirkor, I really like that. Epic!
    And the picture of Irenicus where he is sitting down looking at the swirling image of his love. That would be epic.
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    JUST HIT ME! TATTOO OF BOO!

You can squeak if anyone pokes you there!
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Sweet tattoo dude. Bit off topic but my farther in law has a tattoo in the same spot of different superheroes (superman, etc) and he only got a few years back!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

JUST HIT ME! TATTOO OF BOO!

You can squeak if anyone pokes you there!

Pretty sure I just puked in my mouth a little.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    stygga said:

Mungri said:

I think your tattoo phobia is far less reasonable. Stop being a sheep and following the people who have a hatred for tattoos, its just ink.

Lol, he's a sheep for not liking tattoos, whereas you're a sheep by liking them. Go join all the other 19 year old girls with tramp stamps. You can get something classy down there, like "Momma's Boy".
    Phobias and prejudice of anyone that has a tattoo are widespread and common, and most of them arise from people having been taught all their life that tattoos are simply bad or wrong.

Yet there is zero justification for hating another person simply because they get a tattoo. The reason behind the hatred is no different to racism or homophobia, its simply a pack mentality exhibited among sheeple that think they are being somehow moral and righteous by opposing anyone that gets a tattoo.

I also never said I like tattoos, and I would never want one stuck on my body. That however doesn't give me a reason to hate other peoples choices for wanting a tattoo.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mungri said:

I also never said I like tattoos, and I would never want one stuck on my body. That however doesn't give me a reason to hate other peoples choices for wanting a tattoo.

This right here is very well said. Being authoritarian about your own personal convictions is annoying and no one likes it. Seriously.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Because of this thread I have decided to get tattoos in the style of Rasaad.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    @PhillipDaigle

Rejected!

You're tattoo-ing this instead! :p

• salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Quartz said:

Believe it or not, you don't have to assert your opinion everywhere. (Still coming to grips with that one myself, so)

Wait.

Is this not the internet?

I think I may have made a terrible mistake...
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    While i wouldn't do it myself, i still think that tat is awesomeness incarnate. Detractors really need to learn 1 important lesson.....it's his choice what he does to his body and none of your damn business. So sayeth the grumpy bear.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    @Mereinid, nice tat! I've never fancied any ink myself - my OH has a couple, one's a cover up of a youthful folly, the other's a youthful folly waiting to be covered - but as tattoos go the Lord of Murder's symbol is a bit of a design classic, of course has a bit of a story behind it and your artist has done a really great job.
    Hello all, and thank you for the compliments on the tat! I do spend a tad longer in front of the mirror than I normally do, flexing my right shoulder area. I have the wife put lotion on it daily.

I was perusing thru the website of the place I had it done and I went through a set of pictures that my artist has done since mine. They have glow in the dark ink now! I am glad, at the time, I did not know this. Bhaals eyes would have glowed..maybe could have used them to walk down my hall without the lights being on. I am thinking however, that my wife would have regulated me to the office couch until the eyes died down in intensity.

And someone needs to take that dog, a few posts up, on a walk!

Out here,
    Mereinid
    *waiting patiently on his pre-order*
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2012
    Mereinid said:

Well I am over 40, it was not a spur of the moment event for me. I wanted it since 1998. But I took 14 years to think about it. For me it was good thing..right up until my 22y/o son spit out right in front of my brother, who is a devout baptist, "Pops, did you show Uncle Bart that you have the Lord of Murder, tattoo'ed on your arm?!" I could have throttled him..heh..needless to say I got *that* look from my brother. Ahh family...

I always wanted that and a Vic Rattle head tat but my GF would in her own words "cut it off with a butter knife" kinda changed my mind lol but glad you had the balls to get what you wanted props to you man =)

• BelegurthBelegurth Member Posts: 61
    I love you bear man.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    All I'm saying Mereinid, as a fellow Bama fan, I'll be disappointed if there isn't a script "A" in there, or some houndstooth or something.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Decent tattoo, might look better if you would hit the gym more often though, no offense (imo tats are aesthetically displeasing on an unfit body).
  • TelondaeTelondae Member Posts: 1
    n

Decent tattoo, might look better if you would hit the gym more often though, no offense (imo tats are aesthetically displeasing on an unfit body).

So you decided to troll a forum topic just so you could make a disparaging remark that has no value to the topic. He didn't ask you to critique his physique, he asked about the tattoo design.

Oh, and what a joke to say "No offense" when you're discussing something personal about a person. Sounds like someone who likes to build themselves up by putting down others.

• solidbonessolidbones Member Posts: 11
    that tattoo actually looks very nice, I'm surprised it would come out that good.
    The artist was very good. I will get the next in the set once I am back that way...let's hope it does not take 14 years for this one. Thank you Telondae and thank you Solidbones.