Skip to content

BG2: Grandmastery APR Question (Answered)

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
edited March 2017 in Troubleshooting
So I just noticed my Fighter who just gained Grandmastery in Two-handed swords is gaining 1.5 extra APR with these Weapons rather than just 1. My Fighter is Level 14, thus by default he has 2 APR, but when equips a Two-handed sword his APR becomes 7/2 (3.5) rather than just 3. This is what my WSATCK file looks like: WSPATCK (note: this is just a textual copy of the contents) Also Specialization bonus works properly, granting only 1/2 APR, but it suddenly jumps to 1.5 upon Grand-Mastery.
Does anyone note any problems? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these problems.
Currently I am using True Grandmastery and APR on spec (for non-warriors) from Tweaks Anthology. I am using Scales of Balance, but only the Style Bonus tweaks (Dual-Wielding, Fencing, Sword and Shield, and two Handed Style changes).
Post edited by Reddbane on

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The description of the True Grandmastery component says it gives a full attack for the fifth pip. So, it sounds like the mod is working exactly as advertised.

True Grandmastery (Schumacher, Weimer)
    This is the standard Baldurdash / TeamBG "un-nerfed" grandmastery patch. In IWD, BG and AD&D guidelines, going from four to five proficiency points in a weapon reduces THAC0 by one, adds one to damage rolls, and gives an extra attack per round to 5/2. In BG2, it only adds one to damage. Rather takes the "Grand" out of "Grandmastery" I think. Install this patch to restore Grandmastery to what it was.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    I guess I always misunderstood they way Grandmastery worked. Thanks for the answer.