Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

What level is achievable by end of BG?

I have dualed to fighter from level 10 Swashbuckler. I'm currently on level 6 fighter just before going to BG city. A lot of the game has been solo, then 2, now 3 because I have no thief.

Just wondering how far I can get before the end of BG with level cap removed. I don't think there is much that currently looks like a threat so I will be doing TotSC and some of that with only 2 again. It's the lack of thief skills that are tiresome.

Thanks.

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 614
    You may be able to get to level 11 as a thief in a small group. I do this regularly with the cap removed and obtain something like 300k XP doing every quest and every area in a small party of 3-4.

If solo or almost solo mostof the time, perhaps you can hit level 12 I would guess. More experienced solo'ers would have to comment further.

Wait, I just reread your quote and realize I did not answer your question :)

I would guess level 8 fighter since you have done a lot already. If no cap and you do the game as a fighter then level 9 is normal, but you have already done a lot as a thief.

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 1,991
    Aerakar said:

Wait, I just reread your quote and realize I did not answer your question :)

I would guess level 8 fighter since you have done a lot already. If no cap and you do the game as a fighter then level 9 is normal, but you have already done a lot as a thief.

Thanks, good to know about the level without dualing anyway.

Was just hoping (very unrealistic I know) that I could get my thief skills back at fighter 11 still in BG but playing SCS/insane, can't do it solo. (OK, lots of people here can but I can't)

Durlag's is the big obstacle without a thief (already done the first part up to the dwaven guards).
    Mind you, I'm tempted as with AC-4 and potions just making a mad dash through traps?
    But there's that one that doesn't stop and fireballs follow you wherever you run.

edited March 2017
    If you more or less know where the traps are in Durlag's, I would think this is doable without a thief if you have lots of resistance potions, 1-2 rings of fire resistance, and decent HP to survive mistakes. I find the worst ones are one trap-set one room off of the doom guards, where there are something like 8-10 traps all together in a corridor and it is easy to miss 1-2 even with a thief; or the ones on the last level near the throne room - 2 there in particular do some sort of bleeding damage that is just killer and can eat up anyone (one in the corridor, one on a chest where the staff of striking is located).

But yes, a thief is preferable!

You may with persistence be able to get to level 10 fighter if you solo as much as you can, but I think it is a longshot even then unless you farm ankhegs.

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 1,991
    @Aerakar

I don't think I know the traps well enough, forgotten all about the "bleeding" one, was still having nightmares about the fireball one just by the teleport bit/doppleganger trap room.
    I have never understood how fireballs can follow you out of a room, round corners and up a corridor, that's got to be cheating. :(
    A proper "oh, come off it" moment.

I love Durlags Tower in a kind of masochistic "exactly why am I doing this again" way.

I'll have to drag Coran along, it's not that I dislike him, more that with my fighter and Edwin uncapped at this stage, in fights he isn't so useful and then nicks MY experience, lol.

Aerakar
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 8,673
    The last time I finished BG+SoD I had around 600k xp... that's with a full group, so you'd probably be on the 3-3.6 million xp in a solo run, depending on what you skip

Aerakar