Skip to content

What things will cause you to become a fallen paladin?

I know that falling below I think 8 rep will cause you to become fallen but I can't remember if performing any actions or answering certain questions in an evil manner will automatically cause you to become fallen.

Comments

• revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    The only thing that makes you fall is when your reputation drops below 8.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    In BG1 yes, in BG2 choosing evil choices in Hell will cause you to fall as well.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    and that's about it. there is no danger if you behave and talk like a dick, as long you don't take reputation hit below 8. you can even kill occasional innocent peasant at rep 19-20 i think. :)
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    trinit said:

you can even kill occasional innocent peasant at rep 19-20 i think. :)

"I'm sorry I have to do this, I'm honestly a good guy! I just want people to think I'm more of a badass ... it's nothing personal"
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Ripping boo apart!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    "Sorry, it's not personal, but I just found out that a drow is the love of my life and I can't give her a reason to leave me..."
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    How much rep do you lose for killing a peasant? I've always played super good or super evil and never had to worry about my rep but I was leaning towards a good character for my first playthrough of BGEE but with the new evil dude in my party so I'm going to have to watch my rep doesn't get too high.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Depends on how high your rep is; you'll lose more at higher levels. For example, at 19-20 you'll lose 10 rep, but at 10 you'll only lose 4. So your rep roughly halves with each kill. There's a table in the manual.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Thanks @jalily!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Actually, you fall below 7 reputation, not 8.

At 7, you're still a Paladin.

And if you choose any evil path in the Hell trials yep.