Skip to content

Buying a gift copy?

Hey.

If I pre-order the game now, can I give it to someone else as a gift? I'd like to buy a copy to give away on my Steam group. Thanks!

- Fluent

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, it's doable :)

• QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2017

speaking of which

I can see a giftable BGI in my gift library but clicking on it always returns an error. Plus I don't remember getting a gift nor giftable version.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Queegon said:

speaking of which

I can see a giftable BGI in my gift library but clicking on it always returns an error. Plus I don't remember getting a gift nor giftable version.
    Contact our support at support@beamdog.com.
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2017
    So, I just buy a standard copy then, and I can give it away at a later date?

Hmm, tried selecting Gift Copy but it won't let me past that screen without entering the recipient's email address. Thing is, I'm not sure who the gift is for yet as my giveaway isn't finished. Guess I'll just return later and purchase it when I know who won. :)
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Once again trying to buy a gift copy, this time of Siege of Dragonspear, but I don't know the email address of the recipient yet (it's for a giveaway), and second, I can't seem to figure out how to buy a Beamdog copy without including BG:EE (I just want the expansion, but the cart keeps defaulting to adding both, which is $40 instead of $20. And when I remove BG:EE it removes SoD, too.)

Why so hard to buy stuff. :/