So I've been away from BG:EE for awhile, and honestly I never took the time before now to do Neera's quest. I think its pretty neat, the dialogue is funny, and the summoning of the goblins is a cool twist. I did however notice some behavior that I think could be tweaked... some bugs, and some content. Just a gamer's opinion on this stuff.
1) Love the music in this area!
2) In the latest build, if you engage the goblins at the entry-way, they often attack each other. Many in the main camp were dead by the time I got there. Not sure what is causing this. I would file a bug report but don't have the time or inclination really to do it the proper way. At least I'm honest
3) I think it would make more sense if the Goblins would use Shortbows, rather than Composite Longbows. By book, Goblins can't even use these weapons. They're also very expensive, so their camp being outfitted with them doesn't make a whole lot of sense... and even the ranger (Magreb) in the area doesn't have one (he just has a basic longbow). No wonder his companion was slaughtered! Lol.
4) The arrow count on the goblins could also easily be lowered. Why does every goblin have 4 stacks of 20 arrows? Firing 20 and then rushing to melee attack might make more sense. Perhaps put an axe/bow on each one? Like a goblin's armament in IWD?
5) The moose is awesome! I want more moose in Baldur's Gate! LOL.
6) No Edwin-specific banter if he engages Ekandor? A shame. I know there is one in Beregost, if you have somehow got Edwin before Neera, so maybe the developers figured a second wasn't necessary? I can easily see the two of them as rivals, and Red Wizards have killed each other if they get in one another's way, so I have no problem with that.
7) Magreb has no Reputation penalty, or EXP given for his senseless murder at the PC's hands. I know other characters don't necessarily give penalties or EXP, but most give one or the other. Just a thought.
8) The Thayan body guards *gulp* in combat (quaff potions) but I don't believe any potions are lootable if you kill them prior to this action? If they are then I am just too slow because I have tried quite a few times to kill them before this occurs and no dice. I could be wrong on this and would be happy to be corrected.