Skip to content

[v1.4] Way of the Assassin - an assassin kit rework

13»

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Danacm

There is one that’s on the drawing board.
    DanacmGusinda
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Garrick_MacLeodGarrick_MacLeod Member Posts: 6
    I do have one issue with this mod:
    In the original D&D 1e (I realize Baldur's Gate runs 2e but anyway) Assassins, even though they used most thief abilities as if two levels lower, they actually set traps as a thief two levels higher, so I feel that they should at least still be able to set traps.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Hi @Garrick_MacLeod . I'm a big fan of AD&D assassins as I guess you are as well! I don't recall traps being part of the thief toolkit though in AD&D.
    edited August 2022
    Hi @Aerakar, It wasn't listed under the Thief or Assassin classes, but setting traps was mentioned in the 1e DMG, and it mentioned that Assassins can do it as if two levels higher instead of two levels lower. But it's difficult to find if you're not looking for it specifically so I can understand not knowing about it. I can send a page number.
    edited August 2022
    Hi @Aerakar, if you have a 1e Dungeon Master's Guide, it's on page 20 for Thieves and Assassins setting traps. If you don't, here's a screenshot:
    pgmuxd8dymx6.png
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    That is really cool @Garrick_MacLeod ! Thanks for sharing! I can now roleplay further my assassin's focus on traps as an important skill in his toolbox. I usually focus on stealth and then setting traps for my assassins.

I would guess they may have skipped this in the original BG2 kit to give bounty hunters their specialty and specialness.