Skip to content

Game Banshee site down??

This is particularly annoying as it has a good SoD walkthrough that I am using in a current run-through to find things I missed. Any news on this? I think it has been down 2 days now.
SCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I remember they've created a new look for their site recently and I think this pause is caused by them sorting the files/information out.
    AerakarLilura
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    I was getting MySQL errors there when the trouble started so maybe they had catastrophic database failure.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    @Aerakar I've saved their Sod walk-through pages, if you need it badly, I can find a way to sent em to you
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Thanks a bunch for offering @islandking but no real urgent need now. I have been using a walkthrough by @Lilura that is quite good!

https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/04/Siege-of-Dragonspear-Companion-Breakdown.html

The GB one is great for the item breakdowns, so hopefully they will have their site up again at some point.
    JuliusBorisovLilurabatoor
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    They have been having issues since they redesigned the site last week. It is up & down
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    @Lilura
    For some reason I can't get access to blogspot.com, country internet blocking issues... :(
    Is it possible that you post your walkthrough, hmm,, here? Thanks.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Sorry, no can do. If I posted my walkthrough here then lots of ppl wouldn't bother going to my blog, and that would be bad. Blogs live and die on their ability to offer unique, quality content.

Again, sorry!
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone know if Game Banshee is coming back soon? I enjoy their walkthroughs and was hoping to see if they had one for Planescape: Torment.
    Aerakar
    On their facebook site this is the announcement from April 8:

Hi everyone, we debuted a new design and some architectural upgrades to GameBanshee earlier this week, and those changes introduced problems with our database that made the site very slow and entirely unresponsive at times.
    We made the decision to take the site offline to address these issues, and unfortunately working with a database that contains 17 years' worth of content is a little unwieldy, so things are taking longer than we'd like them to. We will be back online as soon as we can - thanks for your patience!
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovSir_Garrick
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Looks like it's back
    proccoAerakar
    @elminster seems to still not be working, or perhaps they have a new address?
    They are saying on their Facebook page to expect more progress on getting the site fully back up later this week.
    They are now officially back on-line.
    JuliusBorisovbatoor
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Yes!