Skip to content

Tranzig missing (possible spoiler)

Apologies if this isn't posted in the right spot.

I have finished clearing out the Nashkel mines, and have talked to Ghastkill in Nashkel to get my reward. After reading the clue from Mulahey's lair I headed to Beregost to the Feldpost Inn but Tranzig isn't there (on the 2nd floor).
Did I miss a something? I thought just clearing out the mines and then talking to Ghastkill was all I had to do.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Are you on the right chapter (by picking up the scrolls in mulaheys chest)? If so then there are other ways to reach the bandit camp without visiting tranzig (he isn't worth much xp anyway) Get captured by bandits in peldvale or larswood and ask to join them - they will take you straight to the camp.

Strange bug though - a couple of installations of earlier versions of bgtrilogy caused random npcs to dissapear for me - maybe its the same problem?
  • Go4TheEyesBooGo4TheEyesBoo Member Posts: 5
    Yep, I picked up the scrolls, exited the mines and went straight to Ghastkill. Then from there, went to Beregost but no Tranzig.
    K, I'll try the Peldvale/Larswood approach and see if that works.

Thanks.
    edited November 2012
    Well, the bandit chief that was supposed to be in Peldvale isn't there. I see, by my journal, that I am in Chapter 2 still. What event would get me to chapter 3? Talking to Ghastkill, killing Mulahey, what ?

Thanks again.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Picking up the scrolls from the chest in malaheys lair is what triggers it (Theres is about 3 of them if I remeber correctly) Also, make sure mulahey is dead as well. Sometimes if an npc is on low health they might run away from you - check all around his lair, and it is even possible he left the area, so check all around the back where the ghoul is too.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    Yea honestly I'd go back to that chest in the mine and make sure you took everything out of it (you should not need to but it won't hurt). Otherwise you may have to cheat to get yourself back on track.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    You have to talk to Elminster in Beregost or Tranzig won't show up.
    Looks like I'm in a catch 22. I read that Elminster is supposed to be in front of the THUNDER HAMMER SMITHY but, alas he is not. I assume it's due to the the whole stuck on Chapter 2 thing. Anyone know how to advance your chapter thru a cheat? :/
    BTW, I did go back and get everything from the chest, then I walked all the areas between Beregost and Nashkel instead of porting from Nashkel to Beregost. Just in case.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Did you remember to check and make sure you killed Mulahey? Did the Chapter 3 cutscene play? Was Nimbul encountered outside the Nashkel Inn? Does your journal show you as being in Chapter 3?

If the chapter change didn't trigger, that's the problem. The only things I can think of that would do that have already been mentioned - either you didn't kill Mulahey, or you didn't pick up all the scrolls. BTW, did your Charname pick up the scrolls? It might be necessary that Charname has the crucial scroll in inventory, not an NPC, although I'm not sure, because I've never had this problem.

There's probably a way to use the CLUA console to fix things, but I can't help ther.e
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    are you playing with any mods installed?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    He knows you're going to kill him so he's hiding!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by moody_mage on