Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Reputation Bug ? (Spoilers)

So i finished the Dragon's Eye level 5 and in one of the chambers there is a Snake Make - The High Baptist who is mind controlling innocent people (you free them after you kill him).
I killed him without touching the innocent people but in the same time my Reputation dropped from 12 to 11.
Is that some kind of bug , because i fail to see the logic behind it (saving the innocent from brainwash and get minus rep)?

It's the only place i see my reputation changing in this game (for now) and i'm a little bit scared because my Party Leader is Undead Hunter and i have an Archer as well.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 2,900
    first of all, I don't think you need to worry about your REP with a paladin or an archer until it hits 7, I think 7 is when you become fallen

and maybe would could have happened was one of the enemies by mistake killed some of the innocent people, because I think the trigger is based on how many innocent people are left over when you talk to them, not necessarily based on who killed who
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 709
    You lose one point of reputation if you fail to save all of those villagers. It doesn't matter how they died.
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 64
    Yeah , the thing is that i reloaded ~ 6-7 times entering the room (scouting 1st how many innocent were in) and i never lost even ''1''.
    I hope that similar scenarios further in the game will be fine.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 2,900
    Vithar said:

Yeah , the thing is that i reloaded ~ 6-7 times entering the room (scouting 1st how many innocent were in) and i never lost even ''1''.
    I hope that similar scenarios further in the game will be fine.

as far as I know, there is nothing else in the game the affects your REP minus killing innocents intentionally

Vithar
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 440
    sarevok57 said:

as far as I know, there is nothing else in the game the affects your REP minus killing innocents intentionally

Taking advantage of a certain drunken lady in the inn in Lonelywood can lower your rep by 1. I can't seem to remember any other instances than that.
    sarevok57
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 64
    Btw i finished the game and i had no problems with the Rep - it stayed (11).
    I saw that the Drow Prisoner Concubine(in lower Dorn) will give u a -4 if you kill her.