Skip to content

What alignment is Mask?

According to one source he is Chaotic Neutral:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mask
According to another he is Neutral Evil.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities
Which is correct?

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think you've got the wrong Mask in mind :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    :D
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2017
    The Godborn, one of the novels of the Sundering series sheds some light on this. I don't remember the book entirely but here's the summary:
    Mask was dead during 4e as part of a pact with Shar and his essence was split among his followers, Erevis Cale and Drasek Riven as well as Rivalen Tanthul, a shade. Erevis ends up imprisoned in Cania and has his part of the essence taken by Mephistopheles. At the end of the Godborn Erevis is saved by his son Vasen, a half-shade paladin of Lathander, and Riven takes all of Mask's essence, becoming the new Mask.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    It all depends on your timeline. In official published works, he's now Chaotic Neutral, which makes him slightly more appealing to some players. Whether he stays that way or not, who knows.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

It all depends on your timeline. In official published works, he's now Chaotic Neutral, which makes him slightly more appealing to some players. Whether he stays that way or not, who knows.

Certainly more appealing to me. If I was playing myself I would be Chaotic Good as there is currently all sorts of legislation being passed by western governments that I think is plain evil, and whilst I don't always reach what I'm aiming for, I aim high.

Because of that I can just about play chaotic neutral, but I would have great difficulty playing evil. Even when I play an evil character, the things tht I do tend to be good.