Skip to content

We have a runner!

Fear has always been one of the most annoying features of the Infinity games. I don't recall mobs fully sprinting in the original Torment, where the party has no hope of catching and killing them unless they get stuck in a corner. I also don't remember fleeing mobs just disappearing randomly when not close at all to any area transit. Is Fear, indeed, worse in the EE version? Is it intended that mobs sprint when they run and that they often just disappear? If these things have changed for the worse, in effect, we're not getting kill credit, loot, and experience from most of the mobs that run now.

Comments

• Wulf2kWulf2k Member Posts: 27
    Sounds like a bug.

I believe one of the original mods had the option to restore the "run" ability to creatures in combat, and it was consciously avoided in the EE because mobs in combat shouldn't run.

Of course, I could just be making crap up.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    Wulf2k said:

Sounds like a bug.

I believe one of the original mods had the option to restore the "run" ability to creatures in combat, and it was consciously avoided in the EE because mobs in combat shouldn't run.

Of course, I could just be making crap up.

You're mostly on the right track. Quinn's fixpack granted enemies the ability to run towards the player, not just away. As @JuliusBorisov later pointed out in the FAQ Thread, the original design team deliberately disabled the ability of enemies to rush the player, so that element of Quinn's fixpack was omitted in :EE.

Fleeing should still be normal behavior... even if it gets annoying to track down that hive thug that threw a punch and ran off the screen.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    This has always been the case, have Morte nearby and taunt the runner. He goes back to fight a painful death.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    No, I read that, too, but fleeing mobs might be an exception. Though, I know it's cheesy, I was kind of used to kiting mobs around when one in the party was low health. Often now, though, the mobs following the characters low in health run at full speed, too. So it's not just the fleeing mobs.