Skip to content

iOS: Disabling Easter Morte...

On iOS. Anyone know how to turn Morte back into a skull? I turned him into an Easter egg...

http://planescape.com/bonus/morte.pstoverride

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @soldat7 for iOS you would need to uninstall then re-install the game.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    There are some third-party tools out there that can help remove the easter egg mod without forcing a reinstall.

I'm particularly fond of iExplorer (PC/MacOS), but there should be other apps that will do the job similarly. While you can buy iExplorer, it offers a free mode that can get anyone through this situation.

Browse: "Your Device" -> "Apps" -> "Planescape Torment" then open "Library" and delete the "override" folder.

After a force-quit and restart of Planescape Torment, any mods you installed will be gone, and the game will be back to normal.

Whichever method you choose, good luck. :wink:
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @taclane What mods can be installed using iExplorer? (without jailbreaking your device.....)
    And what about the other IE games ?
    edited April 2017
    @Luke93
    In theory, you can install any PST:EE mod that doesn't require access to the dialog.tlk file (most of them do).

However, the only practical way to do anything is to install those mods first on PC/Mac, then transfer the resulting override directory and baldur.lua over. For instance, the Rest Wherever Mod would probably work just fine on tablets; but without access to all the area files it needs to edit, you need a desktop to generate a modded-out override directory first.

As for the other IE games, to the best of my knowledge, they don't have iTunes File Sharing enabled. Perhaps later updates will open them back up for a little light tinkering, but for now, they can only offer a "vanilla" experience.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @taclane Do you mean I first need to mod the desktop version of the game and then transfer the override folder plus the baldur.lua file over?

As for the other IE games, I just noticed IWD:EE has iTunes File Sharing enabled. Do you think it is possible to install the IWD:EE Kitpack by @elminster ?
    > ... mod the desktop version of the game and then transfer the override folder plus the baldur.lua file over?
    Yes-ish. Most of the mods out there aren't the kind you just drag-and-drop into the override directory (like Easter Egg Morte or Leprehaun Annah). They have scripts to copy original files to override and modify them. There is really no way to replicate that on iOS, so some prep-work on a desktop is the easiest way

> install the IWD:EE Kitpack
    Likely a big no. It requires modifications to dialog.tlk (which isn't currently possible on iOS). There may be other technical reasons it won't work, but the fact that it needs to add/modify text in the game is a problem that cannot be addressed.