I was wondering if any of you played the following mod:

> Check the bodies
> tortured souls quest
> the vault

How are they?

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    CtB - bad
    TS - ok, but nothing epic. Neverending Journey is much better.
    Vault - I always had bugs with this, but not all is bad, very few mods tought me about debugging stuff such as this one. It may be fixed now, I've played this 5 years ago. It's not bad.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    CtB - actually is a loose collection of 20+ mini quests. Quality and contents is all over the place, there are nice little episodes, not so bad medium quests and some crap. Since everything is optional you can just try it out and do the stuff you like. Stay away from CtB Candlekeep Scores (honestly I'm not even sure if this is available for EE). I used to have it in the old game BGT and never cared about it again. The author just followed every idea that came to his mind and put it in without some quality control. Those were the early days of modding, just trying a lot of things out - not all of that stands the test of time. (I think Shadows over Soubar is from the same source - it is more consistent but is as well a very mixed bag.)

TS - was bugged in old game, horrible...and NEJ isn't any better. Is any of that even EE compatible? It requires you to follow the author's intention exactly but you are not rewarded for that by even a decent plot. Party slots are blocked by undevelopped NPCs to make it even worse. A last issue of these mods is that they require a dedicated playthrough and are incompatible with almost everything else. These mods have a hard core fellowship of clappers otherwise they would long be forgotten due to all those restrictions and issues.

Vault - the latest version I had in BGT was bugfixed with BWFixpack and playable without issues. Not bad, fits well into BG1. It may be not too obvious at times what to do without a walkthrough, the hints are rather cryptic.
    Comparing it with the other two above, this one is much smaller in contents and by far the best of the three.
    Post edited by PaulaMigrate on
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    edited June 2017
    TS has always been a must in my mega mod installs. Didn't find it buggy - at least not compared to Never Ending Journey (it didn't work well in a mega mod installere). TS is a great mod imo.

CtB is a really weird experience. And buggy..

The Vault works fine and os quite enjoyable
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    CtB has some good, some bad quests and some bugs, I liked the chores (if you're doing them once, but doing them again and again is a bit boring, but that's why the FastForward mod was introduced... :p )
    Arthas said:

> tortured souls quest

Which mod do you mean Tortured Souls or The Tortured Soul Quest?
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/tsmain.html
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/149-the-tortured-soul-quest/

The first one is not bad (but I don't think I will play it again... :p ), but you have to play it like the author has intended it.
    I don't remember TTSQ so well, but because it's an optional miniquest, you could try it yourself... ;)

Vault is great, the only downside are the Journal entrys (no Titles was added by the BGT conversion, so it's not 100% compatible with BG2/EE)...

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Arthas said:

> tortured souls quest

Which mod do you mean Tortured Souls or The Tortured Soul Quest?
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/tsmain.html
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/149-the-tortured-soul-quest/

The first one is not bad (but I don't think I will play it again... :p ), but you have to play it like the author has intended it.
    I don't remember TTSQ so well, but because it's an optional miniquest, you could try it yourself... ;)

I was referring to the first one when I wrote *It requires you to follow the author's intention exactly but you are not rewarded for that by even a decent plot. ...etc*