Skip to content

Near Infinity - The Dialogue File?

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Hi everyone,

Beginner here to Near Infinity. I want to make some custom items. I've gotten pretty good at everything else, but if I want to edit the description of an item, it says to be sure I edit the dialog file as well. What is this file and how do I edit it properly? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited April 2017
    You won't want to do that with Near Infinity. You need to use WeiDu. You can download the WeiDu program from the WeiDu homepage, but the best way to learn how to use it is to take a look at some tutorials at the top of the General Modding section of this forum.

WeiDu lets you add new names and descriptions to items and spells and such. Most modders create items with Near Infinity and then use WeiDu to give them names and descriptions.

WeiDu involves using a special kind of code, but you can do a lot of stuff simply by copying code from other mods or the tutorials on this forum.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    @subtledoctor So where is weidu extracting the item files from the override folder? Let's say a potential modder wants to create items using their pc and then transfer it to mobile. Would the newly modded files just have to be copy and pasted from wherever it's pc location is into the mobile override folder?