Skip to content

smallest text size in any of the latest CRPGs

isometricisometric Member Posts: 9
why this has the smallest text size in dialogue since it has more text then BG, IWD ? On Android devices this is no problem because I can use the triple tap to zoom in via accessibility but what about Windows users ? The largest font size is way to small compared to BG,IWD and even Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 or Torment : Tides of Numenera and Tyranny.
Post edited by isometric on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Try to change the Font size.

Game Options - Graphics - Font Size
  • isometricisometric Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2017

This really is with the largest font size. Still is very small.
    here is how big is the font is Torment : Tides of Numenera. In other EE editions the font is even bigger!

Here is the font from Pillars of Eternity :
    Here is BG: SoD

Post edited by isometric on
  • Wulf2kWulf2k Member Posts: 27
    I've been poking around at the game's internals and came across the text zoom level earlier.

I'm toying with the idea of making a trainer for the game, so if it's something you'd use I could spend some time on it tonight and make an extremely limited program that would let you set the text size multiplier to any arbitrary value.

Let me know if you're not comfortable using an external program. A completely understandable stance to take, but no sense wasting my time if it's not gonna get used.
    isometric
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    taclaneisometricJuliusBorisov
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    Edit: @lefreut beat me to it. :P

Anyhow, on iOS, the "legal" zoom range goes from 137%-190%. And I think the PC slider goes from 87%-140%.

Experiment to find which values work out best for you. Personally, I use 100% on my iPad. High DPI displays can have legible text at much smaller zoom values than the app presently allows.
    isometricJuliusBorisov
  • Wulf2kWulf2k Member Posts: 27
    Nifty.
    isometricJuliusBorisov
    lefreut said:

You can change the text size by changing the value in this line in the Baldur.lua file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Fonts','Zoom','100')

This allows you to use a higher value to what is available in game.

thank you for this. I will try now an reply.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2017
    tested on the phone with 200 value. It's a lot better then before, what we need now it's a wider dialogue interface.
    Tested also at work at a desktop resolution of 1920 x 1080 and, even the highest slider is much better then my home resolution 1360x768. So , is there an option to change the resolution in the game? or trick is somehow?

Thank you all for the help! I still think the dialogue interface could have been much wider, just look at how beautiful it looks on Pillars of Eternity and even BG: SoD!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Thank you for your feature request!

There's no in-game option to change resolution - you have to change your desktop resolution to see changes in-game.
    taclane

Thank you for your feature request!

There's no in-game option to change resolution - you have to change your desktop resolution to see changes in-game.

yes but since my monitor does not support full HD, I am not able to change it past 1366x768.
    it seems that developers did the Enhanced Edition with Full HD in mind rather then test them on lower res monitors.Playing on a full HD monitor I can say that I'm fine with the biggest in game font but on my HD ready laptop the font is too small. Maybe with a future patch this can be improved upon since other EE games don't have this problem.