Skip to content

Thank You For (Re-)Making This Game

I just wanted to say: I finished Planescape: Torment for the first time ever today.

PST came out when I was an undergraduate and didn't have much time for games, and by the time I got around to buying it in its original form it ran horribly on my computer and I hated the UI. Giving it an interface to match the other IE Enhanced Editions and updating it to work properly on modern versions of Windows finally let me experience it. (Still not sure what can change the nature of a man, but it turns out that what can change the nature of a game is getting rid of the awful radial menu and adding QuickLoot.)

So thank you, everyone who worked on this, for making it possible for me to finally enjoy this great story beginning to end.
PibaroTeflonlolientaclaneTokimasaelminsterdustbubsyJuliusBorisovLorandarShikaokanisatharonaldoJarrakulthemazingnesstbone1DJKajuruGate70MoradinPaubo

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I like radial menu for aesthetic and nostalgic reason but I agree with you, being *playable* in modern machine is what I value most about PST:EE.
    lolientaclaneJuliusBorisovtbone1
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    I've played and finish this I cannot tell how many times, but I agree - the fact that Beamdog has (re)created it for use on modern platforms is simply awesome. FINALLY I can play this game properly on my Android tablet - and works almost perfect (I must avoid using "Abyssal Fury" as that freezes the game, and I'd REALLY like to play with the UB).
    Thumbs up for PSTEE, Beamdog! :smile:
    TeflonGate70JuliusBorisov
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @fkirenicus could you advise what happens when you cast the spell please, would like to check the result is same as I'm seeing.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Gate70 said:

@fkirenicus could you advise what happens when you cast the spell please, would like to check the result is same as I'm seeing.
    Thanks

Simple. The tablet/phone freezes. Completely, I have to force it off and then on again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I should have been clearer, at what point does it freeze - here?

I was able to swipe up so the navigation bar appeared, and close the app from there. Screenshot also worked.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, that's where it happens. My tablet becomes completely unresponsive, and needs to be restarted.
    JuliusBorisov