Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Crash while dying from attacking Lothar.

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,155
edited April 2017 in Troubleshooting
So, just for kicks I decided to see what would happen if I attacked Lothar with my Patience Missile spell (level 11 variant: repeating ballista). After a few shots he insta-killed me with his powers, but at that moment the game crashed. I think what happened was that either the ballista fired another round the very moment that he killed me or a round impacted him the very moment that he killed me. I got a dump from the crash so I will upload it. A few attempts to repro the crash failed so I don't think I can make a redmine report of this.

This is not the first time the game has crashed on me though. It occasionally crashes at random times, but not very often. The only pattern I have noticed is that several (but not all) of these crashes have happened during area transitions (after creation of the autosave as I was able to reload from it each time). I will include all the dumps I have gotten up to this point in case you would want them, but the dump for the Lothar crash is dated as 2017_4_29.

Edit: I did get the crash to happen again after some further attempts. It seems to happen when he kills you after a bolt gets fired but before it hits him. I have made a report on redmine: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/30758

Post edited by Tresset on