Skip to content

Crash trying to leave first dungeon of SoD

KuririnKuririn Member Posts: 7
I get a nasty crash when I talk to Imoen about leaving the dungeon.

I have the EE triple pack, and then installed the tweaks mod and then the BGEE trilogy mod.
I get the following error:

"There was an error. A crash report was saved to: C:\users\Toby\Documents\infinity engine - enhanced edition\crash\dump 2.3.67.3.0004.dmp

Please contact support@beamdog.com"

Looks like this person had a similar problem:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49755/stuck-in-first-dungeon-sod

But I can't remember which files were patched ones and which are safe to delete, I'm on steam not BD so It wont put everything back for me afterwards...

Any fixes or workarounds would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    With 'BGEE trilogy mod' you mean Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)?
  • KuririnKuririn Member Posts: 7

With 'BGEE trilogy mod' you mean Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)?

Yeah I think that's the one, was at work and going off memory.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/68vx09/crash_after_first_dungeon_of_dragonspear_pls_help/

As you can see above, I had a problem before, was recommended I uninstall Trilogy, then tweaks (the only two mods I have)

I made a copy of my latest save and what is hopefully the right weidu log.

I was finally able to load the game and move on to the next area. But I've lost a shit load of items, like my scroll case, gem bag and stuff like that.

I made a new save and copied it to desktop.

Do the save files have a record of inventory?

Can I reinstall my mods, and load the new save potentially, will I get my items back?

I'm super annoyed because both those two mods were said to be compatible...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Kuririn said:

Do the save files have a record of inventory?

Can I reinstall my mods, and load the new save potentially, will I get my items back?

Yes, they do. If you will have problems with certain items in the inventory after loading the save, you could always use the EEKeeper to delete those items.
    Seem to have still be missing the scroll case.

I reinstalled tweaks but couldn't reinstall Trilogy because it said it didn't recognise the tweaks mod.

Uninstalled all the components for the tweaks mod and it's still acting like this tweak mod is there.

Getting bloody annoyed with it all now, definitely fucked install folders up by this point which is what I was afraid I'd do. Wondering if I should just wipe those folders and use a blank install and do the mods from scratch on there....
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2017
    When you uninstalled the mods the only folder you should have made sure was empty was the override folder. Your installation folders should otherwise be fine.

As far as your scroll case goes. Since you have tweaks installed then use the console and type in

C:CreateItem("C!Bag03") then let me know if your scroll case appears as it was. Otherwise, try C:CreateItem("Bag03")
    JuliusBorisov