Skip to content

This Bug is ruining my bg2 nostalgic :(

Hello everyone.

I am running a problem with bg2 ee. After i installed bg2ee and made my character thats when things started to happen.

1) when you're in your cell you see the dead npc already dead, that would of come tripping the traps after Irenicus goes away.

2) After golem tells Irenicus whats going on Irenicus says 1 line and then thats it, the game goes blank. everyone is just standing around doing nothing. Irenicus should of teleported and then the next part is when the npc starts running and exploding from traps.

2a) in order to skip this you just press ESC but i dont want to skip scenes like this.

3) character voices dont always play. Minsc dosnt talk when you try to set him free. (when you here him yelling and raging which was funny from old bg2)

4) when you leave dungeon Irenicus is facing everyone. Again he dosnt say some of his lines and when he talks to Amoen everyone yet again stops. like they forgot what to do next.

this is really annoying. Is there a bug fix for this? I am also new to this website so please help a Enchanter mage out :P

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Are you seeing something substantially different to the attached (I compressed it as I can't remember what capture formats can be attached).

If so, please advise what platform (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android), details of device and if on PC a directx diagnostic summary would be helpful.
    (Windows/R, type dxdiag, click ok, wait for green progress bar to complete, save all information then add the resulting file here).

Thanks
  • SupaMuffinManSupaMuffinMan Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Gate70 for responding.

from the attached video at 53 seconds when he says "They act sooner then we had anticipated". After he says that line nothing else happens, they just stand there. The game isnt frozen as the body animations are just idie (standing animation) and thats it, you have to press Esc to skip it. This also happens when you leave the dungeon as well when he talks to imoen.

Also boo dosnt voice talk in the cage, but then when you reload the game he does. the whole time playing voices that should be saying dont, its always a 50/50 chance. that also applys to combat. You dont here the hits and cries.

also here too, the first line that the wizard say stand then nothing, they all stand around doing nothing.
    also here as well, jania dosnt say anything (voice) but she should. and when you meet up witht he 2 npcs they dont voice talk.

when there are fights you dont here the swings of weapons or the hitting sounds and voice responses to them.

hopfuly all this helps in some way.

thank you
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK

Your graphics card looks to have newer updates so worth trying them. http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

The more likely cause is with the sound though. Try re-installing OpenAL, and if that doesn't work try OpenAL_Soft. Both can be found at https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206729933-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch

A thread with more details of each and other suggestions for the sound card you have can be found at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/791894#Comment_791894

Thanks
    OMG thank you so much Gate70!!

The cure was the "openAL_Soft" it fixed everything, no more frozen cut scenes, all the sounds work well.

Amazing stuff. Make sure everyone that has sound problems to shoot to this first.